as if regular ones aren't hard enough to keep track of.......

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Was in TSC yesterday, and I see someone has come up with the bright idea of camouflage patterned fencing pliers and crescent wrenches. Why? :bang: Why? :bang: Why? :bang: Why?
Who thinks up this kind of crap?
51ullF439WL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

It ought to be a law that every one of em is bright fluorescent orange colored.

greybeard":3uqu722n said:

...with a flashing strobe light. Although I've found out a reliable way to find them when lost. The lost one will turn up pretty soon after I buy a new one.

greybeard":3p369x7w said:
Was in TSC yesterday, and I see someone has come up with the bright idea of camouflage patterned fencing pliers and crescent wrenches. Why? :bang: Why? :bang: Why? :bang: Why?

All of my tools I use outside are painted bright red or orange. And I still manage to lose them

Rafter S":3547hq27 said:
greybeard":3547hq27 said:

...with a flashing strobe light. Although I've found out a reliable way to find them when lost. The lost one will turn up pretty soon after I buy a new one.

Ain't that the truth! That also includes banders, ear taggers, box knives, cell phones . . . .

What do you have to be smoking to think camo tools are a good idea? Maybe they'd come in handy trying to sneak up without the staple seeing you coming?

jkwilson":21x05ua5 said:
What do you have to be smoking to think camo tools are a good idea? Maybe they'd come in handy trying to sneak up without the staple seeing you coming?

This is too funny.

MARKETING MARKETING......
It is a selling point for the whole camo crazy fad. I mean really, what little kid needs camo boots when they are beginning to walk? But it is "COOL" to look like dad or mom... these camo tools will "GO WITH" as in color co-ordinate, with the camo clothes that they wear on the weekends being "real farmers". And look at it this way, it helps the economy...They get lost even faster than the ones we try so hard to keep up with and paint orange or bright yellow....so they spend more money.....

Yeah, I don't want the staple to see me hammering down on it. They jump out of the way enough as it is.

greybeard":3dnhz0rp said:

I have a pair that belonged to my grandpa in the fence box. Still have both grandpas brace and bits. Use them regularly the fence pliers. The brace and bit has been retired for a 18 volt drill.

I guess the camo option wasn't a choice a 100 years ago.

Caustic Burno":4amjwnvl said:
greybeard":4amjwnvl said:

I have a pair that belonged to my grandpa in the fence box. Still have both grandpas brace and bits. Use them regularly the fence pliers. The brace and bit has been retired for a 18 volt drill.

I guess the camo option wasn't a choice a 100 years ago.
The camo option 100 years ago was called rusty patena

The treasure hunter store only had a pink pin pointer left. "I sold out of the black yesterday" the clerk told me. I'll take the pink. It is bright pink. If I drop it, it'll be easy to find. Not one of my redneck buddies are gonna steal that one!

About the dumbest I've ever felt about losing something. Was when I was driving some steel post and lost my RED pipe driver. I spent hours looking for it.. went to town bought a new one, started to drive a post and there was my old driver on the last post I had driven .... I had to have went past it a dozen times with my brain disengaged

danl":31i8qcua said:
About the dumbest I've ever felt about losing something. Was when I was driving some steel post and lost my RED pipe driver. I spent hours looking for it.. went to town bought a new one, started to drive a post and there was my old driver on the last post I had driven .... I had to have went past it a dozen times with my brain disengaged

I guess I'm way smarter than you then. :) I just spent hours looking for mine. Didn't have to buy a new one before I found the old one on the last post I'd driven. Turns out it wasn't as orange as I remembered it being. More of a dull orange-brown. My brain was programmed for orange. It's bright blue now. Free paint has made a lot of things blue.

Saturday I had my haybaler header all to pieces changing teeth out and had put all the band bolts in a Styrofoam cup , I pulled one bar that I had to weld last yr so I could fix it right and spent about an hour on it. Started putting it back together and cup is gone , vanished , disappeared with out a trace. I looked and looked and I remembered that I saw my sons boston terrier run by one time when I was under it . I go up to his house look and nothing I spent 1.5 hrs looking and was madder than a wet setting hen. went in the house and told the wife we needed to leave early to run to town because I had to go buy all new bolts for it and I might have said a few other things. she came out and accused me of losing them also. I see some calves in the lot that I wanted to separate so I went and done that and I heard her say I found them . when I got there under the 35 ferg was a million pieces of styro foam cup and 48 band bolts and 3 bar bolts. stupid bastardd dog

backhoeboogie":3cnb2n8g said:
The treasure hunter store only had a pink pin pointer left. "I sold out of the black yesterday" the clerk told me. I'll take the pink. It is bright pink. If I drop it, it'll be easy to find. Not one of my redneck buddies are gonna steal that one!
A contractor once told me he sprayed neon pink on his jobsite tools & cut his tool "losses" big time

Latest posts