article Suicide rates show more Colorado farmers losing hope

Help Support CattleToday:

Speaking as one who has an abundance of experience with disappointment, I do not think I would ever turn to suicide.

when you farm an ranch all your life.they think thats the only way out to stop the pain.when you see some1 like that kill themselves its because farming an ranching is all they know todo an want todo.

1982vett":35rm4nij said:
Speaking as one who has an abundance of experience with disappointment, I do not think I would ever turn to suicide.

Same here. I figure that if I live long enough, I'm going to die anyway. No point hurrying that up...

Lots of pressure and disappointment in farming.Always has been.A few years ago, we had a bad drought situation. I was stressing on that then I remembered my grandaddy made it through the 1930's with much less resources than I had and things didn't seem so bad.When I see my chlidren and especially my grandchildren I realize there are a lot more important things than money and possesions.I have had a lot of struggles in this life but God has my back so whatever happens is nothing to be compared to the future.
Don't know but I'll bet those folks never realized haow many people were saddened and affected by their actions.One more thought,don't wait till someone is dead to tell others( and especially them) what they mean to you.

I was talking to a dairy farmer this morning. He was telling me he hear of another California dairyman who committed suicide. The dairy business is terrible right now but never suicide. The guy I was talking to was milking 4,500 in 2003 and he went broke. He is now back to milking 1,000. If you go broke you just get up and dust yourself off and get back into the game. Learn from the mistakes that cost you last time.

dairymen know how to operate on the edge.an some fall off that fine line.an when dairing gets in your blood.youll do whatever it takes to keep milking.or get back to milking cows.

Latest posts