artichoke hearts..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
So, I have never had them and wonder if there is a good recipe for them and if they taste good or,,,,,, if I am lucky that I have never had them and should consider myself grateful and not use them in my menu plans.. :?

Yes!
ARTICHOKE SPINACH DIP

2 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
1 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounces Sargento parmesan, Romano and mozzarella cheese mix

Squeeze excess water out of spinach. Mix artichokes, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise garlic and cheese together well. Put in a baking dish and bake at 300 degrees until warmed through and bubbling. Serve with bread chunks, bagel chips or crackers.

That sounds delicious CKC I am going to definitely try that one as I love spinach dip so this will be way better..

What about fried artichokes, have you ever heard of that ? I think they are done like battered zucchini,,but I may be wrong not like it hasn't happened before.. :lol2: :dunce:

That is the best darn dip! We like it real garlicky so use the four cloves unless they are really big uns. I have never had fried artichoke but isn't everything fried good??

Got this one from a friend and I love it, but the rest of the family don't care for it.

Pasta Salad
Boil as much spiral pasta as you will need.
Add 1 diced Roma tomato, 1 small can of sliced black olives;drained; 1/4 finely diced red onion, 1 jar of artichokes;drained; feta cheese and Italian salad dressing.
Mix all together to your taste and enjoy.

I luv herfrds":30a17ysg said:
Got this one from a friend and I love it, but the rest of the family don't care for it.

Pasta Salad
Boil as much spiral pasta as you will need.
Add 1 diced Roma tomato, 1 small can of sliced black olives;drained; 1/4 finely diced red onion, 1 jar of artichokes;drained; feta cheese and Italian salad dressing.
Mix all together to your taste and enjoy.
Oooo, that sounds good maybe add some diced pepperoni....

I'm the only one around the farm that likes it this way, but I'll take a can of cream of chicken soup with some artichoke hearts and let it simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes or so, and it's just great.

The wife can't stand it. She said that the artichokes have the consistency of oysters and she just can't stomach it. :lol2:

Latest posts