Arrowheads

Help Support CattleToday:

kucala5

Reaction score
We found our first arrowhead on the place. Super excited there could be much more. Thoughts on how to proceed?

Around here, people that looked for them used to walk over newly plowed ground.
I have found a few here over the years, the two which were found several years apart, I found near water sources. One along a branch that I guess had been unearthed due to heavy rains. The other close to it at the edge of what is now a pond. There are several springs in the area. Another one was found in our garden spot a ways away from the others.
Friends in another county, north of here, have found a bunch of them. all kinds and sizes of arrowheads as well as other articles. I think they found a lot them when working in their tobacco ground. I believe that with as many as they have found and the variety, that there could likely have been a camp there.

I once worked at a chicken farm in Idaho and the foreman told us he found some Shoshone arrowheads down by the creek bed. I only worked there one day cause I only made like a dollar an hour.

Who am I?

Tons have been found here over the years, I don't recall having ever found one myself, but my mother has a basket full that came from the farm since before my knowledge. More interest here is on Civil War relics that have been found. We have quite a bit of those too.

Latest posts