P1010058-4.jpg

Resident Trumpeters
P1010090.jpg

P1010063-4.jpg

Couple pairs
P1010097-3.jpg

P1010098-1.jpg

P1010100-2.jpg

you have some nice looking pairs there.an from the looks of supper your gonna eat good.

Now your bringing me back to my childhood; nothing like eating fried bream - the best part is crunching on the tail! Nice swans, I like the lake - it's got to be very peacful to be able to sit by the lake and watch the swans.

novaman":34hp4jt0 said:
What kind of weeds are in those last couple pics?

Never been there but from the pics thistles would be my guess. Donkeys will eliminate that nuisance.

What's your skeeter load like around your place? I went to Eli Mn once and they were terrible around dusk but the rest of the time I hardly saw one.

Beefy":1o18l3bv said:
donkeys eat thistles?

Yes those are thistles and I also would like to know how donkeys can help keep thistles under control.

Great MN pictures. I was in Mille Lacs area recently and sure wanted to get a fishing pole out.

Jim

Donkeys eat the crap out of young growing thistles and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than a couple of drums of herbicide right now. I thought EVERYBODY knew that.

well i knew Eeyore ate thistles but i didnt know bout real life donkeys.

This area is infested with thistle. We have woods and 8 old home/farmsites on the ranch to much debris to mechanically spray. Hand spraying is out of the question.
We have great grass this year, so the cows aren't eating the thistle so much. Wait till late July and August I have a bunch of old cows that will gobble up the thistle.

Latest posts