Arnold Z

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
You must have been in "Hog Heaven" this week-end, 48 hours straight of Green Acres

dun

WOW! I don't know how I missed that --- would have at least taped some of the episodes, hoping for a few glimpses of my old "mentor".

Now that the rains have stopped, I spent most of the weekend out spraying huisache with Remedy and diesel. Nasty work, but it is way overdue on my place.

I did get to see something that seemed a bit comical though. I had 3 cows coming in heat at the same time. Also have 5 or 6 little bulls from last fall that never got cut, that I've been meaning to haul to the auction. The little guys were really trailing the cows and trying to mount them, all of this to the great consternation of my bull. The poor guy was running himself ragged, trying to breed cows that weren't quite ready to "stand" for him and at the same time running all over the place chasing the little pharts away from HIS gals. To be it was comical but, alas, I could just see the pounds melting off of him.

Nice pastures you have this year! Regards, Arnold Z.

I only say a couple in the middle of the night, but they kept talking about 48 hours of it. I still get a kick out of the show, now if they'ld only bring back F Troop, I would be in hog heaven

dun

Arnold Ziffle":1g0nma17 said:
WOW! I don't know how I missed that --- would have at least taped some of the episodes, hoping for a few glimpses of my old "mentor".

Now that the rains have stopped, I spent most of the weekend out spraying huisache with Remedy and diesel. Nasty work, but it is way overdue on my place.

I did get to see something that seemed a bit comical though. I had 3 cows coming in heat at the same time. Also have 5 or 6 little bulls from last fall that never got cut, that I've been meaning to haul to the auction. The little guys were really trailing the cows and trying to mount them, all of this to the great consternation of my bull. The poor guy was running himself ragged, trying to breed cows that weren't quite ready to "stand" for him and at the same time running all over the place chasing the little pharts away from HIS gals. To be it was comical but, alas, I could just see the pounds melting off of him.

Nice pastures you have this year! Regards, Arnold Z.

arnold, im curious. where in houston do you live? you mentioned your herd, but i dont know anywhere in houston that someone could have a herd. i have one bull, but thats my FFA project and HISD has a patch of land with a few barns on it. anyways, yeah i watched some of the marathon. sure beats the crap out of most of the new shows. cant stand all those reality shows.....

Hello young Tx --- well, mine is only a small "herd", as I only have a little "ranchito" of 100 or so acres. But I live and work very near the Galleria and my place is about 30 or so miles out US 59 (Southwest Freeway), near the town of Rosenberg. As I'm sure you can imagine, with the freeway construction and the normal traffic jams, that 30 miles often translates to a drive of over an hour each way. Good luck with your red Brahman.

Hey AZCPA me savvy. I smell a 1031 coming for you down the road. That 100 acres will turn into mucho rancho back in south Texas some day, hu?

Craig-TX

I sure hope so, Craig. Bought the place from the RTC after all the savings & loans went bellyup and really hoped to stay as isolated as I could be, just wanting a place with big pecan and oak trees and away from the hustle & bustle. But it seems that the developers won't be satisfied until they have everything within 100 miles of dowtown Houston paved over or with a house on it. If one of them gives me a sufficiently ridiculous price I'll be one the move.

Latest posts