Arnold Schwarzenegger

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
He estimates he lost over 200 million dollars from lost acting income for being Gov. of Ca. Wonder what the people lost for him being Gov.

cowboy43":2fbfrygk said:
He estimates he lost over 200 million dollars from lost acting income for being Gov. of Ca. Wonder what the people lost for him being Gov.
No more then they deserved to lose, not just because of him but also the legislature
But now they have Moonbeam AGAIN. He;ll fix everything

dun":2ru4xs8w said:
cowboy43":2ru4xs8w said:
No more then they deserved to lose, not just because of him but also the legislature
But now they have Moonbeam AGAIN. He;ll fix everything

I saw on the news where he got rid of 48,000 state funded employee cell phones for a savings of $20 Million/year. At least he's starting out right.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/01/1 ... ll-phones/

tripleBfarms":2nbmqdcv said:
I saw on the news where he got rid of 48,000 state funded employee cell phones for a savings of $20 Million/year. At least he's starting out right.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/01/1 ... ll-phones/

Wish ours would try something like that. Our governor's and legislature's first order of business this year was to raise our income tax from 3% to 5%. Supposed to help us dig out of the fiscal crisis they got us into in the first place. :bang:

Read somewhere that Jerry Brown now has the distinction of being both the youngest and the oldest governor in CA history.

Our governor is now in the US Senate so our "backup" governor is calling the shots now. ND is in better shape economically than most states because of ag and oil activity. Now the backup is trying to decide how to spend our billion $ surplus. Anybody ever heard of saving money? Just because we have a big surplus doesn't mean we have to spend it!

novaman":26nrl1cu said:
Our governor is now in the US Senate so our "backup" governor is calling the shots now. ND is in better shape economically than most states because of ag and oil activity. Now the backup is trying to decide how to spend our billion $ surplus. Anybody ever heard of saving money? Just because we have a big surplus doesn't mean we have to spend it!
For most governments that's such a rarilty they may think there is something wrong with a surplus. May only know how to function in the red

novaman":1o1avns7 said:

They've got to pay back all those big companies that made huge campaign contributions. Nothing like a no-bid state contract for about 10 years to say thanks, or hundreds of thousands in "consulting" fees.

No bid contracts are unnecessary.

Austin recently asked for bids to dismantle an obsolete power plant. They estimated the cost at $10 million. Bids ranged from $13 to $27 million. I think there were 6 bids total. They decided to go with the second highest bid, around $25 million

So, you see, the bidding process DOES save the taxpayers money. :lol2: :???:

don't worry Arnolds not hurting by any standards.He should have done the last Terminator mvie though it wasn't the same without him in it.

cowboy43":o6rpbhi3 said:

I'll make it a point to really try to feel sorry for him. When I get the time.

Cal

> He should have done the last Terminator mvie though it wasn't the same without him in it.

We wish he had also. The same could be said about CA, it isn't the same since he became governor. Trust me, if we'd only lost $2,000,000 we'd be extremely lucky. Also remember, we'll be paying him for the rest of his life.

Think of it this way, its not just ones persons fault, if he wouldn't have been Govenor someone else would have, and then he would get the blame too. I know a few people who have retired at the age of 55 in CA, that have worked in prisons, and they retired with full pensions, making what they did when they worked, sitting high on the hog, maybe CA should think about cutting those peoples benefits, federal employees-could save a ton of money there.

Need to reduce all of the public servants retirement, do it everywere especially were it all started in D.C. When I was growing up no buddy wanted to work for the goverment, they still had the DRAFT (selective service). To many public servants not doing there jobs are killing us.

Latest posts