ARMY WORMS

Help Support CattleToday:

42acres

Reaction score
Yesterday i found army worms in one of our pastures. I moved cows on it so they could get what they could. Can it harm cows to eat these worms.

no it wont hurt the cows to graze a pasture that has army worms in it.all the army worms want is the grass.good thing you turned the cows in so they could graze it.because in a few days the worms wouldve ate all the grass.

Caustic Burno":awlbedj3 said:
Why didn't you spray the pasture with liquid seven kill the army worms and save the grass.
Probably the same reason I graze instead of spraying whenever I can. I can graze it for free. It costs money to spray. Armyworms are a protein supplement on my place.

Caustic Burno":3aj545ua said:
Why didn't you spray the pasture with liquid seven kill the army worms and save the grass.

Some folks are saying they would rather put there money into planting ryegrass or winter wheat instead of paying for spraying a weak grass crop. Most of the summer grasses will stop growing soon and the spraying is running about 12 dollars an acre in my area.

If they were in a hay field it might be worth it but in drought ridden pasture --I'm not sure

denoginnizer":2fia4ery said:
Caustic Burno":2fia4ery said:

Some folks are saying they would rather put there money into planting ryegrass or winter wheat instead of paying for spraying a weak grass crop. Most of the summer grasses will stop growing soon and the spraying is running about 12 dollars an acre in my area.

If they were in a hay field it might be worth it but in drought ridden pasture --I'm not sure

I just have a problem with feeding knee deep grass to army worms.
I view grass as feed no matter what time a year it is and I didn't raise it for worms.

Yes , I can understand spraying if the grass was knee deep. Most of the grass around me is barely a few inches tall .

Latest posts