armo 'freakin' diller

Help Support CattleToday:

Saw my first armodillos (albeit dead) on the way to Tulsa last week. I was hoping to see a live one, but only saw roadkill.

We refer to them as road kill. When I was little Daddy came home with three of them, babies. I guess he was burning brush and found them. They lived in our house for a while, slept under the television. I don't recall them being anything messy but I was real little, like three or four. I do remember them, though. Had a fit when Daddy took them back out to the wild. I thought we were going to keep them forever. They are cute when they are babies. I was hauling them around in my doll buggy.

theyre destrying my garden too..got one witha pitchfork the other day..so stupid they think cuz there head is buried they cant be seen either....wrong

iowahawkeyes":1eyk8v99 said:
Saw my first armodillos (albeit dead) on the way to Tulsa last week. I was hoping to see a live one, but only saw roadkill.

Why did the chicken cross the road????

To show the armadillo that it could be done. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It is bone dry and over 100 degrees every day. The only thing they have wet to dig in is your lawn or garden. Get a wheel barrel, get a shovel, start setting out there about 11 o'clock at night with a winchester. Pop one, load it in the wheel barrel, and go sit back down in the lawn chair. By 1 a.m. you'll have most of them that dig up your yard. Don't use a 22 caliber. It only makes them jump 8 foot in the air and run off for a little while.

backhoeboogie":3oei26jc said:
It is bone dry and over 100 degrees every day. The only thing they have wet to dig in is your lawn or garden. Get a wheel barrel, get a shovel, start setting out there about 11 o'clock at night with a winchester. Pop one, load it in the wheel barrel, and go sit back down in the lawn chair. By 1 a.m. you'll have most of them that dig up your yard. Don't use a 22 caliber. It only makes them jump 8 foot in the air and run off for a little while.
If you use the 22, you won't have need of the wheel barrow and shovel. Only need to get out the the chair for a better shot and another beverage. :lol:

But if you have a house on blocks........... :shock:

Ryder":fs2gecaj said:
Don't even think about eating them. They carry leprosy.
Came out of Texas, Ms. Lammie. :stop:
ive heard that,,,,, but thankfully they arrived at time in alabama, where now we only eat certian varmit's or else they may have had a recipe with sweet potatoes
:p

Well, that was a long time ago and nothing's fallen off me, yet. :eek:

Lammie":152zccj1 said:
Well, that was a long time ago and nothing's fallen off me, yet. :eek:

That reminds me Lammie. They had a hockey game over at the lepor(sp) colony last week but had to stop it after a few minutes of play.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Seems they had a face off in the corner!

Yea, I know. Sick joke

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I like a sick joke. I used to know some good leprosy jokes but my memory is having a senior moment that has stretched over several decades now.

dieselbeef":2o1o5pxw said:
theyre destrying my garden too..got one witha pitchfork the other day..so stupid they think cuz there head is buried they cant be seen either....wrong

I can't figure out what their deal is. Are they deaf and blind? If you see one in the day, they'll run from you. At night they don't seem to see or hear you. I had one out digging in the yard one night a while back and shot at it with a .38 police special from about fifteen feet away and missed by an inch. The armadillo didn't seem to notice. The next shot, I walked up and shot from about 3 feet away and didn't miss.

backhoeboogie":byp1jw93 said:

The trick with a 22 is to shoot a lot higher in the body then you would think. A quarter of the way down from the top of the shell behind the shoulders and they don;t go anywhere. We're too used to aiming a third of the way up, that puts you through just shell and no vitals

dun":1eunf8qp said:
backhoeboogie":1eunf8qp said:

The trick with a 22 is to shoot a lot higher in the body then you would think. A quarter of the way down from the top of the shell behind the shoulders and they don;t go anywhere. We're too used to aiming a third of the way up, that puts you through just shell and no vitals

With the price of ammo, I am going to give that a try Dun. 30 30 shells aren't $7.99 a box anymore!

backhoeboogie":3qakiyxh said:
dun":3qakiyxh said:
backhoeboogie":3qakiyxh said:

With the price of ammo, I am going to give that a try Dun. 30 30 shells aren't $7.99 a box anymore!
I use Remington Yellowjackets. Regular hollow points and solids just won;t do it.

Something else about yellowjackets. If you have an actual match chamber, they will shoot almost as well as the best of the match ammo in the match chamber and far better then any of the other 22s

Latest posts