Arkansas and Kentucky members ok after tornadoes last night?

Help Support CattleToday:

All good in my area, most of the bad stuff was more NE of us. Prayers for all involved. I said Friday with the humidity and warm weather that it was going to storm bad Friday night, can't be in the 70s in December without consequences.
I noticed here Friday that the deer were out everywhere. Then Saturday morning even before the rain got here they were hidden. They knew!

The pictures I have seen are just heart wrenching. Prayers for all that were affected. If there is a fund or group or church that is going to help, please post. With my recent knee replacements I cannot physically do much but would gladly try to help out what I can financially....

Wife and I are a supporter of Samaritans Purse but I realize you may want something more local.

Our church is a Southern Baptist Church and is part of the Kentucky Baptist Convention (KBC). Several members of our congregation including our Pastor are part of the Disaster Relief Team. This Program trains them in disaster relief efforts. They have traveled throughout the states. The teams mobilizes after a disaster and works with city officials going into areas in need. They help with clean up, provide meals, etc,.
The link is:
Disaster Relief Tornado Donations / it is a part of the KBC-EXE. Givingfuel.com

Our church is a Southern Baptist Church and is part of the Kentucky Baptist Convention (KBC). Several members of our congregation including our Pastor are part of the Disaster Relief Team. This Program trains them in disaster relief efforts. They have traveled throughout the states. The teams mobilizes after a disaster and works with city officials going into areas in need. They help with clean up, provide meals, etc,.
The link is:
Disaster Relief Tornado Donations / it is a part of the KBC-EXE. Givingfuel.com
I have seen the Southern Men's Baptist Association all over, from NC to Texas. They do a great job.

The May 3rd in okc/moore/Norman area was bad. But I cannot fathom 230 miles of destruction from a single tornado. Absolutely terrible..

If the southern states are anything like folks in Oklahoma, Everyone is pulling together right now and making things happen!

I'm leary about donating... to gofundmes. It depends on how they are worded, if the person that set them up actually has to use the money for what you think it's asking for the donation for. I've seem people asking for funeral donation and other expenses...cause it said other expenses they didn't have to use the money to pay for the funeral. It's really sad how many people will take advantage and scam. I've do volunteering I've even see organizations take donations supplies. If it says non profit doesn't mean everyone is volunteering either, look up CEO of non profit salaries. I get everybody needs money to live can be misleading. If you read the small print when donating some even will say only x % will go to the donation. I'm all about helping people just be careful on where you donation. I volunteer at this one place most supplies just were stored never went to help many people. They collected them, stored them... never got to the actual point of getting to the people in need. Red cross... was one the worst places I volunteer for. They look good on the outside not so much inside. They turned down helping many people. They wanted Red cross to be the very last people you get help from. If your house burnet they wanted you to try living with friend or family before they put you up in a hotel or house. Or your insurance to pay for a place. I get that to a point yet Red cross gets funds and donation to help people in situations like that. Rant over. 😬 I shut my fingertips up. 😉🤷🏽‍♀️

I took alot of pictures and a videos of the tornado damage... seeing it in pictures and videos is nothing compared to seeing it in real life. I don't take pictures or videos of anything hoping to get any credit for something I captured. I'm always taking pictures and videos, my goal is to have them for my children to one day look back at. Or maybe share with someone who maybe one day when pictures is all they have of somebody or whatever.

I forgot to tell ya'll... this is creepy... I haven't had a Facebook in 5 years. Somebody has saved my pictures from when I did. Yes from 5 years ago. They had me missing on this tornado Facebook page using the pictures from my Facebook from 5 years ago. Not only that but as well as had a county and high school listed on there. I didn't know this person claiming to be my friend, nor had I ever put any school or county information on my Facebook.... the person typed English claiming to speak Spanish asking for help with some to speak Spanish. Why after 5 years come wanting to know if I was okay from the tornados? Just strange and creepy....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-223211_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-223211_Gallery.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 8
I took alot of pictures and a videos of the tornado damage... seeing it in pictures and videos is nothing compared to seeing it in real life. I don't take pictures or videos of anything hoping to get any credit for something I captured. I'm always taking pictures and videos, my goal is to have them for my children to one day look back at. Or maybe share with someone who maybe one day when pictures is all they have of somebody or whatever.

I forgot to tell ya'll... this is creepy... I haven't had a Facebook in 5 years. Somebody has saved my pictures from when I did. Yes from 5 years ago. They had me missing on this tornado Facebook page using the pictures from my Facebook from 5 years ago. Not only that but as well as had a county and high school listed on there. I didn't know this person claiming to be my friend, nor had I ever put any school or county information on my Facebook.... the person typed English claiming to speak Spanish asking for help with some to speak Spanish. Why after 5 years come wanting to know if I was okay from the tornados? Just strange and creepy....
Facebook works in mysterious ways Shell. I think it throws things at you to try and get you back.

Ken

Facebook works in mysterious ways Shell. I think it throws things at you to try and get you back.

Ken

Good point. I wouldn't have known of people were texting screenshots to me. I was half joking like shoot let me be missing I enjoy being missing. Or start me a gofindme fund. Hahaha

Latest posts