Are You Ready.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ours opens the 16th of November, and no I'm never ready, seems I always have to much going on and not enough time around gun season.but that hasn't stopped me from being in the wood at least the first 3 days since I was 4. This year we are building a road through 730 acres so I'll have some hunting time while working to.

kenny thomas":3nllamjv said:
kingfisher, I live in Virginia and even I knew that the opening days of dove season and deer season are holidays in Texas. :lol2: :nod:
I know.....I'm letting him make me feel stupid! I don't have a hunt "lined up" unless some poor ass Doe stumbles across my place Saturday. Now I really feel like an orphan. :( It is a privilege around here unless I want to relive my youth.....I think I still know where the big ones are!;)

Yep, I'm ready. Moved all the cows away from the outside perimeter fences. National Forest will be full of morons from Houston on opening day.
If it even moves, it is gonna get shot at by some idiot. Cars, tractors, dogs--they're all deer to them folks.

greybeard":1mrtr1zy said:
Yep, I'm ready. Moved all the cows away from the outside perimeter fences. National Forest will be full of morons from Houston on opening day.
If it even moves, it is gonna get shot at by some idiot. Cars, tractors, dogs--they're all deer to them folks.

We have our share here as well .
All the neighbors and I have got with the GW and have him on speed dial.

Our gun season don't start till Nov. 23, that is unless you hunt with a 30-30 or 30-06 BOW! Yes, we have them kind around where I live. Please obey your State's hunting laws, have a great day.

Our Black Powder season opens on Nov. 9th! Big tradition around the farm with the family. Looking forward to having my sons around for a couple of days.

Going Elk hunting Sat for a week. It has been a few years since i hunted Elk real hard. Gonna go for it this year for a solid week.

kenny thomas":323zfmhq said:
kingfisher, I live in Virginia and even I knew that the opening days of dove season and deer season are holidays in Texas. :lol2: :nod:
Deer opener is like thatin Utah too. I don;t know if they still do but they used to close the schools for the week

The last time I went Elk hunting in CO. a hunter education teacher from PA. almost shot me. I had a orange cowboy hat and vest on. The Elk were 30yds. below me and his bullet hit 6" from my hand. Needless to say the fight was on when I got back up the mountain. Be careful and stay safe 3Way. Hopefully you won't run into any Yankee hunter education teachers.

TN Cattle Man":zck2itgu said:
Our Black Powder season opens on Nov. 9th! Big tradition around the farm with the family. Looking forward to having my sons around for a couple of days.

Nothing finer as all the kids and grand kids will be coming in.
The women folk will put on some mighty fine eatin on the table this weekend
We always have a high time. I have been stuck in the old place all morning it is raining so hard here.
I just went to reloading. Dang sure will have to fix the driveway when this stops. If this doesn't slack off I doubt we will be able to get out for church tonight. Creek at the bottom of the hill is level to the bank now.

Caustic Burno":176itl2o said:
Nothing finer as all the kids and grand kids will be coming in.
The women folk will put on some mighty fine eatin on the table this weekend
We always have a high time. I have been stuck in the old place all morning it is raining so hard here.
I just went to reloading. Dang sure will have to fix the driveway when this stops. If this doesn't slack off I doubt we will be able to get out for church tonight. Creek at the bottom of the hill is level to the bank now.

I was just thinking about friends and family sitting around the table on Saturday after a day of hunting. It's like a preview of Thanksgiving.The weather liars say it's supposed to be in the low 40's Saturday morning and the food plots are looking good with all the rain we've been blessed with the past month. I have my "order" in for a fat doe to make sausage out of; hopefully, I can hunt some but work and other responsibilities make it diffucult. :cry:

Everybody be careful in the woods... lots of city slickers with guns running around on opening weekend, as mentioned previously.

Latest posts