Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Help Support CattleToday:

As expected only 60%....being from Arizona I have no noticable accient...always got the "boy where you from?" when I lived in the south. DMc

ALACOWMAN":s83vo4fr said:
ChrisB":s83vo4fr said:
26% 8) I believe that puts me in the Yankee lead right?
Flaboy & Crowder look what we got here.yall go easy on him want you :cboy:
The boy oughta be proud, after all, he's darn near in Canada. I'm just proud to be Southern by the Grace of God.

Thanks for the support Crowder and Alacowman. Darn near in Canada Crowder? You would think so if you look at a map, but if I drive an hour or so south to Minneapolis and look around you would guess that your smack in the middle of Somalia or Thialand if you know what I mean. ;-)

I understand your Southern pride, but I'm just as proud to be where I'm from. I love it here and will probably never leave.

Actually I have a friend who grow up in Georgia and also lived in Texas for a while. We like to kid around about the Yankee-Rebel thing. But he always says "in thruth the same people I knew back home are also here in MN, they just talk funny here."

ALACOWMAN":1j627qta said:
ChrisB":1j627qta said:
26% 8) I believe that puts me in the Yankee lead right?
Flaboy & Crowder look what we got here.yall go easy on him want you :cboy:

Hey ALACOWMAN, ya know I love all Yankee's. At least the ones that stay up north. Seems I am getting worse in my old age. I think it has something to do with them coming down here and telling me how to talk, treat my critters, and especially how THEY drive. I think they pass out drivers licenses in Wal_mart up there. ;-)

ChrisB":2dcllkdd said:
Thanks for the support Crowder and Alacowman. Darn near in Canada Crowder? You would think so if you look at a map, but if I drive an hour or so south to Minneapolis and look around you would guess that your smack in the middle of Somalia or Thialand if you know what I mean. ;-)

I understand your Southern pride, but I'm just as proud to be where I'm from. I love it here and will probably never leave.

Actually I have a friend who grow up in Georgia and also lived in Texas for a while. We like to kid around about the Yankee-Rebel thing. But he always says "in thruth the same people I knew back home are also here in MN, they just talk funny here."
As long as you are an American, be proud wherever you hail from. ;-)

Its the new england yankees that chap my a$$.most mid western yankees for the most part are freindly folk.but i have a damn yankee neighbor that i dont think even mother teresa could tolerate. :mad:

ALACOWMAN":28doc2hw said:
Its the new england yankees that chap my a$$.most mid western yankees for the most part are freindly folk.but i have a damn yankee neighbor that i dont think even mother teresa could tolerate. :mad:
Flaboy specializes in problem Yankee removal. You can reach him at:1-800-RID-YANK.

You Yankee's bare with me here. As a young kid growing up the only Yankee's I was around were not very friendly, short tempered, rude, high strung and talked funny. For several years I thought this was the way everbody was up there. After I got older I went hunting on a dairy farm in WI and was surprise that those folks were just like everbody was around me in Alabama. I have been to Canada, Maine, Colorado, Idaho, Michigan and a few other places hunting and came to realize that its not a southern/northern thing. Its a City person / Country person thing. If you go to any big city in the North or South people are the same way as I had saw at a early age. Granted there are some good folks in the big cities but overall they are as I described earlier. People in the country are the same everwhere. However I still holding to my thoughts that Yankees talk funny. ;-) Speaking of talking funny I once called a lady in Idaho about hunting and she interrupted - "Sir, could you please start over I haven't understood anything you have said for the last 2 minutes and what part of Alabama are you from." After a laugh we finally were able to communicate. She made sure we got our tags that year.

certherfbeef":1hhjj5x1 said:
I probably shouldn't fess up to this but:

45% (Yankee). Barely in the Yankee category.

Me too, Cert. Guess those years in Atlanta had an effect! ;-)

LOL I wasn't speaking of ebonics! I had a very hard time understanding the southern dialect when I first moved down there! Now I miss it. Caught hell from the folks when I moved back home!