Are dogs really man's best friend?

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
Looks like our sweet Ruby is on her way out, we think she had a stroke this morning. We knew it was coming and moved her inside the house this winter to live with us. But it sure doesn't make it any easier.

Losing a dog (or any animal your attached to) can be rough. Sorry you guys are at this point.

Oh you have my sympathy Grit. Our girl is 14 and had a rough winter. Their unconditional love is one of life's greatest pleasures. I hope she doesn't suffer.

True Grit Farms":l24rtbs3 said:
Looks like our sweet Ruby is on her way out, we think she had a stroke this morning. We knew it was coming and moved her inside the house this winter to live with us. But it sure doesn't make it any easier.

It's rough I know I get mighty attached to my Jack Russells through the years.
I lost my Ruby in 2012 was the all time top dog around here. That was rough.
My sympathies hard to loose a good dog.

Sorry to hear that, it is tough to lose a dog, i think they can really be a friend. I have a Border Collie that is going on 12 years old this year. He has been with me through a lot over those years, sometimes it seems he knows what I am going to do even before I do. We also have a yearling Blue Heeler, that so far stays in the house as much as outside, she has quite a personality in her own right. Our hope is to get some pups out of the two of them so we can keep a pup out of my BC.

Sorry to hear that, Grit! Dogs give you total, unconditional love, no judgment and a lifetime (theirs) of entertainment, security & companionship. I think that qualifies as a best friend.

Most of the time my dog is my only friend. The farm can get lonely when the wife is out of town. Its nice to have someone to talk to even if they don't talk back. My condolences. I know she'll be missed.

Latest posts