Arabian Horse has attitude!

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you for all your posts. They helped.
Ellie May
Oh by the way my avaitor is the horse I was talking about, & once her attitude is better we are gonna have to sell her.

yeah she is pretty decent looking. We have about 3 greys right now that are a lot darker than her I can't decide which color looks better

When I was a kid we broke our horses,problem was you had to rebreak them every spring every year they gain a few more undesireable traits that were easier to live with than cure. Now that I ve gotten old enuff that I don't bounce anymore I really believe in traing a horse, round pen traing to be exact...I will still give one the business once in a while but no more laying the lumber between the ears. It is almost as simple as making them walk or trot every time they act up. I have used the John Lyons method (loosely followed at times) but it works for me

Ellie May, please email me. I know of several boards ( Arabian and just plain horse boards) that can help you a lot with your mare and possibly help with the selling when the time comes. Arabians are WONDERFUL , but you do have to treat them differently. You can't just "run them 'till they are tired " ( they don't ever GET tired! 8) ) or beat them untill them come around , (they were bred for centuries to be WAR horses, they don't take abuse at all, if you want a war, they will give you one :shock: !)
I think spending one day with the right trainers, you and the horse together, would do wonders for her attitude.
I must go, My 6 year old daughter is ready to be a " camel jockey" to her "HOT "Arabian mare. You folks with Quarter horses go finish training the for them 1/4 miles races ( That is all they were bred for .......... right?? :lol: )
Arabians , like every other breed including MAN , have their idiots, We overlook the occasional idiot here don't we? Does that make ALL MEN idiots? :p
Gina D
http://www.ArabianFancy.com

Latest posts