Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it

• I don't care

• Total voters

Alan

Reaction score
The AQHA made a rule change a few months ago that states if a foal was born to two AQHA horses it could be reg as a AQHA. So it opened the doors for all the crop out Paints to become double reg with the AQHA and The APHA. The trickle down effect is that once you get the crop out reg and it becomes a Quarter horse then as long as it was bred to a AQHA then that foal is a AQHA. For example I have two APHA horses, one mare and one gelding The both have the same sire, and both out of AQHA mares (different mares). From these 2 horses you can go back on the sires side five generations, on one line, and find a crop out. That one line has produced overo's all the way through. All the other horses in the pedigree are AQHA. Well someone took the time and expense to reg all the generation AQHA to the point my horses sire is (a loud overo) is now doubled reg as a AQHA and a APHA. On top of that, my horses grand sire, another overo is a 4 time World Champion with the APHA and a foundation horse in his field, he has sired 100's of foals, all of these foals bred to AQHA mares are now able to be AQHA as well as APHA.

While I'm trying to sound non bias about this post, and while I hate the way the AQHA is so "wishy washy" about their rules, I am happy to have my overo mare doubled reg. I opens alot more doors for my gelding also.

I would like to know how some of you feel about it, while I hate to rule change I'm happy to be able to take advantage of it.

JMO
Alan

Latest posts