Appreciate your wife

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
She went to go visit her mother for a week. Before she left she washed all of me and the boys clothes. She cooked a pork shoulder , a meatloaf, and a brisket. She. Bought enough groceries for a army. Now I always cook breakfast as I get up very early. But somehow I've run out of clean skillets. We're going to run out of food today. We're out of clean clothes. The dog has moved outside and is living under the porch. I have no idea how much money is in my checking account.
I have customers calling wondering why nobody showed up. And I can't find my pocket knife.....she's been gone two days.

Man I miss her

And we think we're so self - sufficient. I'd be away for 6 weeks at a time years ago, now I'm lost after 6 hours. Just think how bad it would be without a cell phone.

callmefence":288kah0k said:
She went to go visit her mother for a week. Before she left she washed all of me and the boys clothes. She cooked a pork shoulder , a meatloaf, and a brisket. She. Bought enough groceries for a army. Now I always cook breakfast as I get up very early. But somehow I've run out of clean skillets. We're going to run out of food today. We're out of clean clothes. The dog has moved outside and is living under the porch. I have no idea how much money is in my checking account.
I have customers calling wondering why nobody showed up. And I can't find my pocket knife.....she's been gone two days.

Man I miss her

That is hilarious and the fact that it is true makes it more funny.

In my opinion the Navy wife is the strongest person alive. They have to be able and willing to assume complete control of everything with short notice. When I went to nam she had 12 hours notice and no idea how long I would be gone. They also have to able and willing to relinquish that control when the husband returns. Or at least ( and this may make it even harder) the parts of control that he wants back and keep the control of the other stuff. Besides that she has to keep up her end of the normal stuff that keeps a home/family running. That is a helluva tough job description to fill.
When my wife leaves for a while, I become a sink eater and eat whatever I can throw together in a hurry. I frequently cook for the both of us and enjoy it but for just me I could care less.

I understand all but the clean skillet part. I clean my cast iron skillets immediately after using so they don't lose the seasoning.

callmefence":2rmtsnlc said:

Man I miss her

Truest sheit I ever read on here.

Sounds like I need to get me a couple or three of those.

How much do they cost and where can I buy them

I am basically a bachelor my wife works in Houston and basically lives down there hasn't been up here in months. I drive down to see her once a month. Throw the clothes in the wash, wash some pans to cook in, and use paper plates and plastic eating utensils. I am very use to living by myself full control of the TV and do whatever I want when I want.

callmefence":1x4e4nly said:
Cross-7":1x4e4nly said:

They are very expensive and very dangerous in groups.
It;s the getting rid of them part that really gets expensive

Cross-7":2vtvu7et said:

Like I'm sure you've heard about other things: "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

I appreciate mine a lot more now that she's said she isn't putting Decon pellets in my food any more, tho I did have a bad round of scours starting about 3:45 this morning over a baked sweet potato she fed me last night. :yuck:
:frowns:

:help:

I do appreciate my wife and I miss her when she is gone. But I have been single and living alone 36 of my 65 years so I do know how to get along on my own. I don't keep the house as clean as she does. I can buy and cook my own food, wash my clothes, and clean up the kitchen. None of those things are real difficult. I do miss her help on the things that work better with 4 hands instead of 2.

You have to keep them happy and buy them stuff . I bought mine a new set of boots so her feet don't get cold while feeding hay in the winter , and a new weedeater because the old one was hard for her to start. Shoot , just recently Igot her a brand new set of fence stretchers and a hydraulic wood splitter so she doesn't have to use a maul. Start thinking of ways to make their life easier and all is good.

snoopdog":2ac8t61e said:
You have to keep them happy and buy them stuff . I bought mine a new set of boots so her feet don't get cold while feeding hay in the winter , and a new weedeater because the old one was hard for her to start. Shoot , just recently Igot her a brand new set of fence stretchers and a hydraulic wood splitter so she doesn't have to use a maul. Start thinking of ways to make their life easier and all is good.
For our first anniversary I got my wife a new wheelbarrow and for the second a good rototiller

wacocowboy":s91xwyaf said:
I am basically a bachelor my wife works in Houston and basically lives down there hasn't been up here in months. I drive down to see her once a month. Throw the clothes in the wash, wash some pans to cook in, and use paper plates and plastic eating utensils. I am very use to living by myself full control of the TV and do whatever I want when I want.
That's not a marriage. That's just a monthly date.

Latest posts