Apology to my vet

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
Our local vet doesn't do farm calls unless he's working a herd or it's a big job . Tonight with a line of thunderstorms coming into our area he ran by our farm to pull a calf . Difficult backwards delivery he got the back legs out and then we cranked the heifer calf out . After a lot of stimulation we had a live calf . Not sure if it'll make it through the night but it wasn't for lack of effort on his part and my son. First line of storms had pea sized hail . The Good Lord blessed us by a slack period between storms . Thanks Doc ! I apologize for gripping about not being able to get you out !

Our local vet doesn't do farm calls unless he's working a herd or it's a big job . Tonight with a line of thunderstorms coming into our area he ran by our farm to pull a calf . Difficult backwards delivery he got the back legs out and then we cranked the heifer calf out . After a lot of stimulation we had a live calf . Not sure if it'll make it through the night but it wasn't for lack of effort on his part and my son. First line of storms had pea sized hail . The Good Lord blessed us by a slack period between storms . Thanks Doc ! I apologize for gripping about not being able to get you out !
Coach, do you use Scott?

Coach, do you use Scott?
Yes sir ! He's always been super helpful but only second time I've got him to come to our farm . He was working herds for other folks in our area both times . We try not to call unless it's one we can't absolutely handle. I've usually loaded them up and carried them to him and I offered that tonight. He's a good one in my book !

Yes sir ! He's always been super helpful but only second time I've got him to come to our farm . He was working herds for other folks in our area both times . We try not to call unless it's one we can't absolutely handle. I've usually loaded them up and carried them to him and I offered that tonight. He's a good one in my book !
I agree!! He's always been honest and fair with me.

Well , not a good outcome . Lost the calf but have a live momma . Going to blame it on the flu . I caught and shipped calves yesterday morning but feel like I've was hit by a truck . Noticed the cow off by herself but she's a veteran so I left her alone; went back after lunch after a nap and a round of meds and realized she was in trouble . Should have acted sooner . This gal calved middle of January this year so she bred back within a month. Always hate to lose one !

Latest posts