Apache Hose & Belt

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
A couple of weeks before 1st crop, we ordered new baler belts for our round baler... from the implement dealer. Each belt was $187.50 :shock: . We were so happy to get 1st crop done without a hitch, we thought it was $$ well spent, even if it hurt. Last weekend, my husband stopped by our local feed dealer. He usually leaves our order outside and sends us a bill. So we usually don't get a chance to chit/chat with him much. Super nice guy, love him to pieces. On this occassion, my husband was able to do some catch up. He, feed store owner, told my husband that he has the local farm supply chain store order his belts directly from the manufacturer for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR compared to the implement dealers. UGH.... one of those times when a little bit of information was appreciated, but about a month too late. I thought I would pass on the info, so some of my fellow farmers can save some of their money. Apparently he said they will only take orders from a business, which I didn't understand cuz he owns his own feed store. But this was not info my husband thought was necessary....

Michele

Latest posts