anyone watch the NFL draft?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Texans took a QB 1st round. . Deshaun Watson out of Clemson, ILB Zach Cunningham from Vandy 2nd round,and RB D'onta Foreman from UT 3rd round. they coulda (and have) done worse.
Now lets see how bad BO'B can screw up the QB that picked apart 'Bama.

I like Zach Cunningham 6-3 234 as an outside linebacker

Had the Vikings not traded up in the 2nd round from 48 to 41 to take running back Dalvin "Puppy Choker" Cook
Zach Cunningham would have been my choice at 48 to replace Chad Greenway, Instead he fell to Houston at 57

Vikings got a real high quality human being in "The Puppy Choker" Cook (Tongue In Cheek) :roll:
3 arrests... last one a misdemeanor for punching a women in the face in a bar
Cook was previously fined $250 for animal abuse a couple of years ago for choking 3 puppies that were 2 months old

13 career fumbles at Florida State, so his hands probably aren't strong enough to choke out an adult dog

I like the Vikings 3rd round pick Pat Elflien 6-3 303 lbs center/guard from Ohio State
But I would not have traded up from 79 to 70 to take him as I believe Vikes could have still landed him at 79
and still have kept their pick at 86
In my opinion GM Rick Spielman gets nervous and trades up when he should remain calm and be more patient.

Using the Vikes pick at 86 in the 3rd round, Kansas City got a decent running back in Kareem Hunt 5-10 216 Toledo

Won't take much to screw up Watson he is already a hot mess. 30 INTs in 2 years ouch 17 in his last year. He looks a mess under center and in the pocket. I am not sure if he ain't smart enough or don't know how but he can't read coverage. He threw into some coverage you should never throw into. Had problems with Florida States CBs baiting him. There wasn't a QB in this draft worthy of a first round pick. All these teams desperate for a QB kinda funny what they give up to move up for these guys.

Caustic Burno":3kipbvij said:
greybeard":3kipbvij said:
Texans took a QB 1st round. . Deshaun Watson out of Clemson, ILB Zach Cunningham from Vandy 2nd round,and RB D'onta Foreman from UT 3rd round. they coulda (and have) done worse.
Now lets see how bad BO'B can screw up the QB that picked apart 'Bama.

He won't last long IMO I hope I am wrong. Heck they went after a guy that throws more interceptions than Oswiller. Rick Smith GM missed his calling as rocket scientist.Very few first round QB picks work out in the NFL.
At least I have NFL Sunday ticket so when they po me I can switch over and watch the Saints.

wacocowboy":23b18rmx said:
All these teams desperate for a QB kinda funny what they give up to move up for these guys.
It is nearly impossible to win a Super Bowl without a franchise QB and highest paid position on the team, so it is not
at all surprising to me.
1st round QBs have the highest success rate of all QBs in the NFL
It's just a 1st round bust gets so much attention and everyone just shrugs their shoulders when a 4th rounder busts out.

Son of Butch":1ycak4le said:
wacocowboy":1ycak4le said:
All these teams desperate for a QB kinda funny what they give up to move up for these guys.
It is nearly impossible to win a Super Bowl without a franchise QB and highest paid position on the team, so it is not
at all surprising to me.
It's just a 1st round bust gets so much attention and everyone just shrugs their shoulders when a 4th rounder busts out.

It don't surprise me all these teams desperate for a QB reaching like crazy. What I find funny is they let a very deep class slip by last year and reach in a weak class this year.

Caustic Burno":1oiee39o said:
He won't last long IMO I hope I am wrong. Heck they went after a guy that throws more interceptions than Oswiller. Rick Smith GM missed his calling as rocket scientist.Very few first round QB picks work out in the NFL.
At least I have NFL Sunday ticket so when they po me I can switch over and watch the Saints.

Not a lot of choices for the Texans this draft. Trubisky had a lot better accuracy record but there was no way anyone was going to trade that pick away to the Texans--Texans had nothing to trade for a QB pick that high.
I would have rather seen them take Mahonnes, but he was gone and I'm surprised they were able to trade up even as high as #12.

I'll turn tv off before I watch New Orleans.

Houston has a unique talent in the QB dud department.
Surpassed only by the Cleveland Browns qb cemetery...

wacocowboy":38kml543 said:
Won't take much to screw up Watson he is already a hot mess.
I am not sure if he ain't smart enough or don't know how but he can't read coverage.
Deshaun Watson wonderlic score of 20 the lowest of all QBs tested at the combine

Average NFL QB scores 24
Average Offensive Lineman 25
Average Defensive player 19
Wide Receiver 17
Running Back 16

NFL QB Wonderlic scores
Teddy Bridgewater 20
Derek Carr 20
Cam Newton 21
Ben Roethlisberger 25
Carson Palmer 26
Joe Flacco 27
Drew Brees, Blake Bortles, Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Russell Wilson and Son of Butch all scored 28
Andy Dalton 29
Phillip Rivers 30
Johnny Manziel 31
Matt Ryan 32
Tom Brady 33
Aaron Rogers 35
Sam Bradford 36
Andrew Luck 37
Tony Romo 37
Matt Stafford 38
Eli Manning 39
Alex Smith 40
Blaine Gabbert 42

QBs in this year's draft
Deshaun Watson 20
Pat Mahomes 24
Mitch Trubisky 25
Davis Webb 25
DeShone Kizer 28
Josh Dobbs 29
Nathan Peterman 33
Brad Kaaya 34

Average by Occupation
Warehouse 15
Security 17
Police Officer 20
Bank Teller 22
Sales 24
News Reporter 25
Programmer 29
Chemist 31

greybeard":3ijfvx0g said:
Caustic Burno":3ijfvx0g said:

Not a lot of choices for the Texans this draft. Trubisky had a lot better accuracy record but there was no way anyone was going to trade that pick away to the Texans--Texans had nothing to trade for a QB pick that high.
I would have rather seen them take Mahonnes, but he was gone and I'm surprised they were able to trade up even as high as #12.

I'll turn tv off before I watch New Orleans.

Surpassed only by the Cleveland Browns qb cemetery...

Feel the same way bout the Boys the only way I watch them is if Houston is playing them.
Actually I am probably worse I loathe them.

wacocowboy":1q6w4zb5 said:
Son of Butch":1q6w4zb5 said:
wacocowboy":1q6w4zb5 said:
at all surprising to me.

It don't surprise me all these teams desperate for a QB reaching like crazy. What I find funny is they let a very deep class slip by last year and reach in a weak class this year.
Next year's QB class has 5 good ones, so they can have a do over
I wasn't against Houston taking Watson, but I think they were targeting Pat Mahomes and panicked when KC drafted him

Son of Butch":3i7h882r said:
wacocowboy":3i7h882r said:
Son of Butch":3i7h882r said:
at all surprising to me.

Next year's QB class has 5 good ones, so they can have a do over
I wasn't against Houston taking Watson, but I think they were targeting Pat Mahomes and panicked when KC drafted him

I don't get the hype about Mahomes seems like a one trick pony when I watched him. Reminds me of a poor man's Jeff George. Mitch is the only one that looked like a first round talent but only 13 starts makes me worry. I like Kizer if he can sit and learn. If the NFL had a minor league Dobbs might be my favorite of the bunch. He is very raw and needs coaching but he is a nice piece of clay for someone to mold.

Caustic Burno":umewe179 said:

How dumb does Houston look when they could of had Derek Carr in the second round a few years ago. That is about like the Browns saying Wentz wasn't in their top 20 last year lol. I sure am glad they both passed on Dak.

wacocowboy":bo0bltir said:
Caustic Burno":bo0bltir said:

How dumb does Houston look when they could of had Derek Carr in the second round a few years ago. That is about like the Browns saying Wentz wasn't in their top 20 last year lol. I sure am glad they both passed on Dak.

The GM is an idiot I think he has made two first round drafts that turned out worth having.
IMO Houston doesn't have a chance as long as Rick Smith remains GM.
This speaks volumes
https://www.quora.com/How-many-NFL-team ... Super-Bowl

Caustic Burno":1lf2rze5 said:
wacocowboy":1lf2rze5 said:
Caustic Burno":1lf2rze5 said:

The GM is an idiot I think he has made two first round drafts that turned out worth having.
IMO Houston doesn't have a chance as long as Rick Smith remains GM.
This speaks volumes
https://www.quora.com/How-many-NFL-team ... Super-Bowl

I admit I am pretty surprised he is still the GM about like Jerry with Jason Garrett. They must have some dirt on their owners.

Drew Brees, Blake Bortles, Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Russell Wilson and Son of Butch all scored 28
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Houston and the Cowboys should each share CB as a head coach or GM for next season.

greybeard":20rnobc0 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Houston and the Cowboys should each share CB as a head coach or GM for next season.

The Cowboys don't have enough money
I dam sure could do as good as that idiot at Houston. Not hard to loose consistently

Steelers now have a QB without morals, one with no future, and a brand new one without eyebrows.
Josh Dobbs (Tenn) drafted in 4th round.

611852638-e1491321685145.jpg

Supposed to be pretty smart tho.

Latest posts