anyone watch the NFL draft?

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":2a93l534 said:
Son of Butch":2a93l534 said:
wacocowboy":2a93l534 said:
It don't surprise me all these teams desperate for a QB reaching like crazy. What I find funny is they let a very deep class slip by last year and reach in a weak class this year.
Next year's QB class has 5 good ones, so they can have a do over
I wasn't against Houston taking Watson, but I think they were targeting Pat Mahomes and panicked when KC drafted him

Nailed it!
As I predicted 1 year ago 5 quarterbacks were drafted in the 1st round this year and I made $50 yesterday betting it
when a buddy offered me a 40/50 bet ($40 if I lost $50 if I won) that only 4 qbs would go in round one.
(Thank You Ozzie Newsome)

5 qbs in round one, only 3rd time ever with the last time in 1999 when Cleveland took Tim Couch #1 overall.
Next prediction: 2 of the 5 will one day make pro bowl just like last time (Donavon McNabb, Dante Culpepper)

Yeah you got lucky the Ravens pulled off a dumb move. Jackson won't make it as a QB.

wacocowboy":22hzn9tr said:
Son of Butch":22hzn9tr said:
Son of Butch":22hzn9tr said:
Next year's QB class has 5 good ones, so they can have a do over
I wasn't against Houston taking Watson, but I think they were targeting Pat Mahomes and panicked when KC drafted him

Nailed it!
As I predicted 1 year ago 5 quarterbacks were drafted in the 1st round this year and I made $50 yesterday betting it
when a buddy offered me a 40/50 bet ($40 if I lost $50 if I won) that only 4 qbs would go in round one.

5 qbs in round one, only 3rd time ever with the last time in 1999 when Cleveland took Tim Couch #1 overall.
Next prediction: 2 of the 5 will one day make pro bowl just like last time (Donavon McNabb, Dante Culpepper)

Yeah you got lucky the Ravens pulled off a dumb move. Jackson won't make it as a QB.
Exactly. He is just like Tebow, Manziel and RGIII. Running qb do not make it in the NFL.

MRRherefords":23yhx5n8 said:
wacocowboy":23yhx5n8 said:
Son of Butch":23yhx5n8 said:
Nailed it!

Exactly. He is just like Tebow, Manziel and RGIII. Running qb do not make it in the NFL.
C. Newton?

Randall Cunningham had a pretty good rushing total, and Steve Young wasn't far behind him. Fran Tarkington would run too, but lots of times, it was for his life, flushed out of the pocket.

One compelling reason to grab a qb at the end of round one is the team gets automatic 5th year contract option.
IF they do turn out any good that option saves the team well over 10+ million dollars with today's qb salaries.
I'm sure Baltimore's GM factored that into his decision to draft him in the first round rather than waiting.
It's what I was counting on to win the bet.

greybeard":2at0dwks said:
MRRherefords":2at0dwks said:
wacocowboy":2at0dwks said:
C. Newton?

Randall Cunningham had a pretty good rushing total, and Steve Young wasn't far behind him. Fran Tarkington would run too, but lots of times, it was for his life, flushed out of the pocket.
Newton really evolved from his days at Auburn. He has turned into more of a passing style qb in the NFL.

I question Jackson's ability to adapt from college to the NFL based on his 13 wonderlic score alone.
Vince Young was another Heisman winner with a very low wonderlic score and he couldn't.

Son of Butch":3q0wtflr said:
I question Jackson's ability to adapt from college to the NFL based on his 13 wonderlic score alone.
Vince Young was another Heisman winner with a very low wonderlic score and he couldn't.

Vikings wide receiver Laquan Treadwell is another 1st rounder with a low wonderlic score and he just can seem to
learn route running in the NFL.
Adrian Peterson is another that was not a smart man, but fast strong running backs with good vision can succeed in
the NFL on instincts alone.

greybeard":1qw8oojt said:
MRRherefords":1qw8oojt said:
wacocowboy":1qw8oojt said:
C. Newton?

Vick and Kaepernick ran pretty well. Russell Wilson can be a dual threat. Kaepernick is out b/c of his protest, but I think if a team would take a chance he'd be as economical as Cousins, Smith and Keenum will be. He couldn't be any worse than the dud from Houston a couple years ago.

In his early years George Blanda could run. In the later years, it was hard to watch him try or even jog off the field after booting a field goal.

They don't make 'em like him any more..

houstoncutter said:
As usual, the Texans idea of an Offensive Line , is 5 guys who haven't showered in a week!
That's funny and don't know why I didn't acknowledge it as such sooner.
2019 draft they used their first 2 picks on OL, we'll see what the coaching staff can do with 'em.

Latest posts