Anyone want a good laugh???

Help Support CattleToday:

I know a guy near here that ran an ad on Craigslist for 2 bottle calves at $250 each. They were both gone in 2 hours. I think my $1,000 for 3 is fair. They aren't day olds. The adoption calf is nearly 2 months.
Sold 6 this year for $400 CAD. each.

I sold a half jersey half beef 4 days old for $300. Then I sold a Free Martin Heifer for $300 at a month old. Both people knew what they were getting. Maybe I should have charged more lol. People were fighting over the half jersey Heifer lol I had her on Craigslist for 20 minutes,...

85 pounds is what the Heifer weighed that I sold for $300. She was only 35 pounds when she was born.

So you sell a new (or very young) calf from $250-$500. How can you be happy with that when it is all the money the cow will bring in
to the operation for a year. One is either faced with keeping the cow for another year, assuming she is healthy, selling her short and
perhaps out of condition but certainly not fat after calving or feeding her to a more saleable condition.
I believe a cow should be producing her value (within the limitations of the market) each year or be gone.
The saving grace is not having to be responsible for what other people do or think.

Latest posts