anyone used Sea mineral fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

polledbull

Reaction score
I recently saw a show on RFD TV American Farmer about Sea Mineral fertilizer , .I also looked it up on the internet , and there are a few brands of it out there, it is touted as good for crops as well as pasture . I was wondering if anyone has used it or know anything about it . it sounded impressive on the show , but they can put anything on TV I learned long ago. It was cheap per acre is what got my attention, and reduced the need for commercial fertilizer.

polledbull":3a9y6h1e said:
I recently saw a show on RFD TV American Farmer about Sea Mineral fertilizer , .I also looked it up on the internet , and there are a few brands of it out there, it is touted as good for crops as well as pasture . I was wondering if anyone has used it or know anything about it . it sounded impressive on the show , but they can put anything on TV I learned long ago. It was cheap per acre is what got my attention, and reduced the need for commercial fertilizer.

All you need is a soil test and then add manure or straw trash as a bio solid and fibre additive for the soil and then throw in the appropriate and measured NKP and you are good to go.

Someone somewhere stands to benefit big time from this "Sea Mineral" fertilizer - I am also willing to bet it is "all natural".

That commercial fertilizer for the most part consists of natural substances God and Mother Nature put on this earth for us to use as well.

However this may be one way that those who kneel at the "alter of organic" can claim another all natural product. I checked out the site - it ain't cheap.

50 pound bag is a 100 bucks.

So .....

4,000 bucks a ton

Or .....

4,400 bucks a tonne

And ....

Do not forget to add shipping and handling!

Never forget this - P.T. Barnum said it best!

Personally I think I will pass and let the Religion of Organic do their own thing - especially since they now have been cleared to use Roundup in the dry down process - it is after all a natural product!!

So is commercial fertilizer if you look at it that way.

This Sea Mineral fertilizer is not for me.

Bez

i am not concerned with the organic , or" all natural part" , im not a "organic nut" . but with liquid nitrogen at $275 per ton . and using 200 units per acre per year , that gets expensive over the course of a year , on 200 acres of hay. I thought it may be worth a try on a few acres just to see.

polledbull":2sj8dgdy said:
i am not concerned with the organic , or" all natural part" , im not a "organic nut" . but with liquid nitrogen at $275 per ton . and using 200 units per acre per year , that gets expensive over the course of a year , on 200 acres of hay. I thought it may be worth a try on a few acres just to see.

Using it on a few acres, what do you have to lose? Is your hay all grass, or are there legumes you can add?

at the rate it says it is alot cheaper than Pot, 100 lb at the applied rate will go to 12.5 acres according to thier ads. one company has a 50lb bag for $50 , one is $100 per 50 lb , the rate is 4 lb per acre i think I read , applied as a tank mix in 20 gallons water per acre.I may try a few acres , I threw away more than that before ,

Polled you are the target market for these folks. They know they're not going to sell anyone many tons of this stuff but they love the folks willing to try it on a "few acres". A few hundred at a time a few thousand folks equal many thousands of income for them. And you pay the freight.

This sounds like some of the other "foliar" fertilizers like Grasshopper and other vendors have been selling for years. I looked into using them in the past but just never could find someone who had really good success with them. The thought of spraying fertilizer when I spray for broad leads is appealing if it would produce the same results are a granular. I have a 4 acres field of orchard grass that is rented that I may try it in this year just because it's cheap and I've learn you don't wanna sink a fortune into fertilizing land you don't own as you may not be using it again next year.

Kyle

Latest posts