Anyone use Vetrimec Plus.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score

Buy US raised beef wormed with a product from the UK, what the heck is going on. Does anyone have any experience with Vetrimec Plus with Clorsulon? Thanks

True Grit Farms":2gggkp6y said:

Buy US raised beef wormed with a product from the UK, what the heck is going on. Does anyone have any experience with Vetrimec Plus with Clorsulon? Thanks

I have not heard of it. Clorsulon is a component that kills flukes. Clorsulon is an ingredient in Ivomec Plus.

Vet ONE manufactures a lot of generics for veterinary use.

If you are hung up on using only made in USA drugs, you are limiting your choices.

Based on a quick online search:

LA 200, Lutalyse - Spain

Ivomec & Ivomec Plus, Draxxin - Brazil

Cydectin Pour-on - Italy

Banamine, Baytril 100 - Germany

Enroflox 100 (generic Baytril) - UK

CIDRs - New Zealand
Got bored with looking up drugs by this point.

redcowsrule33":1tzx6x9b said:

If you are hung up on using only made in USA drugs, you are limiting your choices.

LA 200, Lutalyse - Spain

Cydectin Pour-on - Italy

CIDRs - New Zealand
Thanks, but that's really a little disheartening. Buying anything from Brazil scares the heck out me. Why the heck aren't US companies making animal biologicals? My guess is animal biologicals aren't subsidized or there's not enough money in them for the greedy pharmaceutical companies.

True Grit Farms":u3m5p2am said:
redcowsrule33":u3m5p2am said:

LA 200, Lutalyse - Spain

Cydectin Pour-on - Italy

CIDRs - New Zealand
Thanks, but that's really a little disheartening. Buying anything from Brazil scares the heck out me. Why the heck aren't US companies making animal biologicals? My guess is animal biologicals aren't subsidized or there's not enough money in them for the greedy pharmaceutical companies.

All our American drug companies produce drugs overseas. For example, Ivomec is a product of Boehringer Ingelheim, but the plant that makes it is in Brazil. In the same way that John Deere builds tractors in Mexico.

Bright Raven":1ygeyb8v said:
True Grit Farms":1ygeyb8v said:
redcowsrule33":1ygeyb8v said:

LA 200, Lutalyse - Spain

Cydectin Pour-on - Italy

CIDRs - New Zealand

All our American drug companies produce drugs overseas. For example, Ivomec is a product of Boehringer Ingelheim, but the plant that makes it is in Brazil. In the same way that John Deere builds tractors in Mexico.
So that's what happened to JD. When they were built here they were the best, built in Germany they were alright, built in Mexico not so good.

Here is my box of Eprinex. Made by Merial which is wholly owned by Boehringer. Notice they make it in New Zealand. Might be hard to read. Look in the lower left hand corner.

2ylqpli.jpg

True Grit Farms":174gwphu said:
Bright Raven":174gwphu said:
True Grit Farms":174gwphu said:

So that's what happened to JD. When they were built here they were the best, built in Germany they were alright, built in Mexico not so good.

Quality is held to a higher standard by the original makers of the drugs. Even when produced in foreign plants. Not true if they are "generics".

Bright Raven":1pqqpban said:
True Grit Farms":1pqqpban said:
Bright Raven":1pqqpban said:

Quality is held to a higher standard by the original makers of the drugs. Even when produced in foreign plants. Not true if they are "generics".
Starting to sound like DNA and EPD'S in cattle.

Latest posts