Anyone use this bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Has anyone used Red Six Mile Sakic 832S? I've got some females that might match up with him and I'd like an outcross, but wanted to know if there is any cautions?

red angus shower":21at8oy0 said:
Has anyone used Red Six Mile Sakic 832S? I've got some females that might match up with him and I'd like an outcross, but wanted to know if there is any cautions?

The only caution I know if is that there isn;t any semen available and won;t be any for the forseeable future. When the supply dried up the price shot up like roman candle but apparantly even the high rpiced stuff is gone.

I have some et calves that we just weaned and some others that are on the ground. At this point they seem very correct. Not the most powerful but not chicken legs either. They are interesting and I think will have enough go and muscle for a calving ease type bull. I would use him again at this point.

I saw him and his dam in person and was extremely impressed with his dam. She had a baby on her and he was a few weeks old at the time. She had a great udder was very deep bodied and very correct on her feet and legs. The bull himself was a bit more moderate than I had pictured in my head, but very smooth and deep. Kind of like his dam.

I didn't know anything about his semen tough to get. I wonder if your info is accurate Dun as he has been in stud all winter. I saw him last fall at Alta, and Clayton told me he was doing fine when I saw him in February. You could becorrect though. Stranger things have happend.

BRG":qlnivddk said:
I have some et calves that we just weaned and some others that are on the ground. At this point they seem very correct. Not the most powerful but not chicken legs either. They are interesting and I think will have enough go and muscle for a calving ease type bull. I would use him again at this point.

I saw him and his dam in person and was extremely impressed with his dam. She had a baby on her and he was a few weeks old at the time. She had a great udder was very deep bodied and very correct on her feet and legs. The bull himself was a bit more moderate than I had pictured in my head, but very smooth and deep. Kind of like his dam.

I didn't know anything about his semen tough to get. I wonder if your info is accurate Dun as he has been in stud all winter. I saw him last fall at Alta, and Clayton told me he was doing fine when I saw him in February. You could becorrect though. Stranger things have happend.

Just check with Genex, that's what I did. I'ld been hearing rumors for the past couple of months but Genex confirmed it.

showing71":3et1hlf1 said:
dun":3et1hlf1 said:
showing71":3et1hlf1 said:
bovine elite has him
He's listed but they don;t have any semen either.
I better get on that then, I ordered from them, they said they had it.
If you get it let me know. They just told me they didn;t have any.

We looked at this bull pretty hard. We also got the same info, I quess he was having issues and I think now they haven't been able to collect him. We ended up going Brown Commitment. I like the Mission Statement bull also.

Latest posts