Anyone use Poly Serum??

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Our local clinic has another vet in there now and went to pick up some more Nuflor today and he did not know me and was questioning why I needed it.

Long story short when he found out we raised some calves like our current orphans he asked if I was using the Poly Serum. I have never heard of it before. Wodered if anyone had any experience with it?

http://www.livestock.novartis.com/polyserum_beef.html

I've used quite a bit of it and still do, in bottle calves. It's another tool in the box, but it's not a miracle worker. It's certainly not my first choice for respiratory problems. We use it to treat E-coli in small calves.

Larry

larryshoat":1x1qmoky said:
I've used quite a bit of it and still do, in bottle calves. It's another tool in the box, but it's not a miracle worker. It's certainly not my first choice for respiratory problems. We use it to treat E-coli in small calves.

Larry
We are trying it on a abandoned calf I got Saturday. Not sure if she if she got any colustrum or not and she is a week old. Vet says it can't hurt her. She was badly dehydrated, nothing but skin and bones. Took first bottle fairly good but then had to start drenching her, been giving several small feedings to try to take it easy on her. Her breathing got raspy so I treated with Nuflor and he thought the serum might help some. Calf has a long way to go but maybe she will make it.

Latest posts