Anyone use Extinguish Professional Fire Ant Bait?

Help Support CattleToday:

presmudjo

Reaction score
Extinguish Professional Fire Ant Bait
Kills Fire Ants

Can Be Used on Pastures and Rangelands With No Withdrawal Period!

One Jug Treats 108,900 Square Feet With Precor (Methoprene) IGR

Has anyone used this? Does it work? Being in Florida, I think these nasty ants think I am farming them too! I've seen a hugh population boom of fireants this year in the yard and pasture around us. I know it is not quick acting, but after reading about it, it makes more sense than killing a mound at a time.

http://www.pestproducts.com/extinguish.htm is the link I have read about this product. I can't for the life of me remember what forum I was on when I ran across this link.

Thanks for any input.

presmudjo":3qin78o0 said:
Has anyone used this? Does it work? Being in Florida, I think these nasty ants think I am farming them too! I've seen a hugh population boom of fireants this year in the yard and pasture around us. I know it is not quick acting, but after reading about it, it makes more sense than killing a mound at a time.

Thanks for any input.

No, I've never used it, but I have used Maxforce and it works beautifully! I treated apprx 10 fireant mounds around the middle of last summer, and every single one of them are still gone this spring - I LOVE it!!! :D :D I don't remember the cost, I don't care what the cost was - it permanently eradicated them, and that is all I care about! Google 'Do it Yourself Pest Control' to find out how to order it. I ordered 2 5 lb jugs late last summer, and I'm going to have a ball wiping out those nasty little devils here in a few days! <insert very evil laugh> :D :D :D

I've used it a lot and it works. When I say a lot I mean 100acres each of the last 2 years. Why did it cost you $32 for two acres? It costs $9/lb here when you buy it in the 1lb containers and a pound treats an acre broadcast. Cheaper if you buy a 25lb bag.

I don't broadcast it. Ant infestation isn't bad enough here on my place to warrant that. I treat the mounds by putting 1-2 Tblsps on them depending on size. This method allows me to treat 100acres with one 25lb bag. If you have ants really bad, you may have to broadcast it.

presmudjo":1fw3vjpm said:
Extinguish Professional Fire Ant Bait
Kills Fire Ants

Can Be Used on Pastures and Rangelands With No Withdrawal Period!

One Jug Treats 108,900 Square Feet With Precor (Methoprene) IGR

http://www.pestproducts.com/extinguish.htm is the link I have read about this product. I can't for the life of me remember what forum I was on when I ran across this link.

Thanks for any input.

Probably will work well, but using and IGR it will take it longer to get the work done....8-10 weeks

TexasBred":2pngzq70 said:
Probably will work well, but using and IGR it will take it longer to get the work done....8-10 week
The label says it'll take several weeks, but in my experience you won't see any ants in three weeks and usually less than three weeks. Like one to two weeks.

kossetx":291fidrr said:
Fire ants in wyoming?

Yep. They are not the little tiny one's, but they still swarm when their mound is disturbed, they still bite the snot out of you, and they are still a major nuisance!

msscamp":130pb88k said:
kossetx":130pb88k said:
Fire ants in wyoming?

Yep. They are not the little tiny one's, but they still swarm when their mound is disturbed, they still bite the snot out of you, and they are still a major nuisance!
I don't really think those are fire ants? You probably have the same type we have around here.

ga prime, where do you buy this stuff? I found it online at the link I posted at the beginning. Being in the Saint Cloud area doesn't give me much options to shop. Tractor Supply is a joke, Walmart - right, Home Depot the hopeless building, and then we have local feed stores. I haven't had a chance to look at those yet for what they have. I just need to know what really works long term before I start shopping. Thanks.

You need to go to a seed, fertilizer, and chemical dealer that caters to big time farmers. They'll have it or can easily get it. Lots of big farming going on in your area. The chem dealer may can tell you something that works better than Extinguish. There's some kind of spray that sod farms use that works very well according to my chem dealer, but I haven't tried it and don't remember the name of it. The Extinguish will get rid of them for the whole Summer, but you'll see them start coming back in the Fall.

hayray":2fkns8e9 said:
msscamp":2fkns8e9 said:
kossetx":2fkns8e9 said:
Fire ants in wyoming?

I don't really think those are fire ants? You probably have the same type we have around here.

According to what I've read, there are two types of fire ants - native and imported. No, I do not believe we have the imported variety.

Latest posts