Anyone use Ally online bank?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Looking for a way to set some money aside and there interest rates are better than local. Just wanted something that we could have access to if needed and their money market account with debit card seems to fit the bill.

Credit Unions generally pay a bit more than commercial banks. Might check to see if there is a good one in the area.

TexasBred":rlpw6v25 said:
Credit Unions generally pay a bit more than commercial banks. Might check to see if there is a good one in the area.

None in our town, really did not want to have to go out of town but will research it.

Not Ally, but I do have an online savings account with http://www.bankoncit.com/

Hope I never have to touch it as I use it as my Dave Ramsey "emergency fund" :p Pays over 1% which ain't great but is better than any local CD rates, and I can get my money at any time.

Well, I'd have to get to a better computer to get to my money. The computer I'm on here won't do it :oops:

Tom, I was in banking for over 20 years & still don't totally trust online banks. Have you tried negotiating with your local bankers? You won't get a better rate unless you ask, preferably someone in authority/management. Another option is through your insurance company, for example State Farm has fairly competitive rates.

The wife bought a truck and financed with them. I told her to pay off that truck last week. (we sold the farm). She called them and was talking to the Phillipines. Most they could take on debit was $3500. I wanted her to get in touch with someone here stateside and she could not do it. It seems that part of their business is outsourced. So she sent a check for most of the pay off and we will catch the rest on a debit card next month.

When I call the bank, I want to talk to someone here in the US

Latest posts