Anyone near Somerset, Kentucky

Help Support CattleToday:

Small world. I have to go to Somerset in the next couple of weeks to pick some Red Angus for a friend. I have to do the choosing for him. I have a good friend who runs a feedlot there also. A lot closer for me thought, only about 2 1/2 hours. Let me know when you are going and I might try to come the same day and meet. Will check with my friend on the trailers.

Angus Cowman":31luhplb said:
Just wondering am thinking of heading over there to look at some trailers with a buddy of mine he is looking at handling a trailer I believe the name of them is GATOR MADE

anyone know anything about them

Looks like a good trailer. Here's thier web site. www.gatormade.com

Angus Cowman":1oefghl1 said:
Just wondering am thinking of heading over there to look at some trailers with a buddy of mine he is looking at handling a trailer I believe the name of them is GATOR MADE

Depending on the route you take you may be coming right by me, if you travel the Natcher Parkway to Bowling Green then accross to Somerset.

I have seen a couple of the Gator Made trailers and from what i seen they look good but did not do a close inspection. Pretty good trip to get a trailer, is he saving that much money?

Never pulled one, but I'm not crazy about all the fancy paint and frilly lights over the neck. Kinda makes you wonder where they choose to spend their money.

I've seen some very good deals on used trailers recently.

cfpinz":oi7vfcx4 said:
Never pulled one, but I'm not crazy about all the fancy paint and frilly lights over the neck. Kinda makes you wonder where they choose to spend their money.

I've seen some very good deals on used trailers recently.
They have a base trailer and they have a more expensive trailer the expensive one has all the light and lil extras and beleive me you are paying for them :lol:

tom4018":33grdwf6 said:
Angus Cowman":33grdwf6 said:

I have seen a couple of the Gator Made trailers and from what i seen they look good but did not do a close inspection. Pretty good trip to get a trailer, is he saving that much money?

He is a trailer dealer and is looking for a new line of trailers and it doesn't matter where we get them from it is going to be a quite a few miles to get them here
Most of them come out of Texas around here so it is about 8 hrs anyway we go

He asked me if I wanted to go with him and since I am needing a new trailer also I thought we might kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak

kenny thomas":24az55j8 said:
Small world. I have to go to Somerset in the next couple of weeks to pick some Red Angus for a friend. I have to do the choosing for him. I have a good friend who runs a feedlot there also. A lot closer for me thought, only about 2 1/2 hours. Let me know when you are going and I might try to come the same day and meet. Will check with my friend on the trailers.
Thanks KT I will let ya know if we come

Did you make the trip? Got reminded of it today when I seen one of the new trailers being pulled by a truck from MO.