Anyone near New Orleans

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I have a friend in St Tammary Parish which looks like is south of New Orleans. She got a message to me tonight saying FEMA was nowhere to be found. Said they were almost out of food and water. She said they have called FEMA numbers with no reply. If anyone knows of a group that can help please put me with them.

I know no one there any more but I'm familiar with the area and St Tammany Parish is NorthEast of New Orleans just across Lake Ponchartrane. Slidell, Covington, Lacomb, Mandeville are all in St Tammany Parish.

When I lived in La, the people to call were the state or national guard and Red Cross for food and water after a hurricane.

St Tammany Parish has always been the poor red headed stepchild to New Orleans. It was St Tammany, St Bernard and another parish the Lousiana Levee board flooded in the big flood of '29 when they blew the levees at Carnarvon to relieve pressure on city of New Orleans levees.

I know no one there any more but I'm familiar with the area and St Tammany Parish is NorthEast of New Orleans just across Lake Ponchartrane. Slidell, Covington, Lacomb, Mandeville are all in St Tammany Parish.

When I lived in La, the people to call were the state or national guard and Red Cross for food and water after a hurricane.

St Tammany Parish has always been the poor red headed stepchild to New Orleans. It was St Tammany, St Bernard and another parish the Lousiana Levee board flooded in the big flood of '29 when they blew the levees at Carnarvon to relieve pressure on city of New Orleans levees.
I looked again and you are correct that it is northeast of New Orleans.

A lot of people out there needing help. The most I have ever seen or heard. Hopefully the lady can get some help before long as with no electricity and maybe not even a home pretty bad situations.

A lot of people out there needing help. The most I have ever seen or heard. Hopefully the lady can get some help before long as with no electricity and maybe not even a home pretty bad situations.
You actually knew her in high school.. She is trying to help others as well as herself. Hope some group can help.

Don't know if any one is 'home' but 202-456-2121 should have some solutions for the situation down there.
Probably the wrong time to ask but do you have any indication whether they plan to stay in the area?
Do not respond at this time. Your works of good will are appreciated I'm sure...

I would hope the White House number has been called multiple times.
She doesn't own a car even but says she will leave when this is over. She is trying to get help for other people more than herself. She also said a truck was coming around this morning selling sandwiches with bread, cheese, and bologna for $10 each.

She doesn't own a car even but says she will leave when this is over. She is trying to get help for other people more than herself. She also said a truck was coming around this morning selling sandwiches with bread, cheese, and bologna for $10 each.

Never surprises me the people it seems take advantage of situation like these. $10 for bologna seems a little over priced. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Maybe just me. If it was injected and smoked maybe... all depends on how hungry you are I guess.

I wish I could help.

There may be some numbers on the following web pages that she could call.

There may be some numbers on the following web pages that she could call.

Thanks. I. Sending all information to her but seem to have lost contact the last few hours.

I wish we could help too.
Where is the news media on this? If it was a Republican president you can bet it would be on the news 24/7.
Interesting that you aren't seeing this on your news. It has pretty much been 24/7 here in Oregon. Even more coverage than our fires that are everywhere in these parts, and they get lots of coverage too. I don't get any of the news you have to pay for, so maybe they don't cover it. It seems like everyone I know pays for some sort of service. We get plenty of free stations like Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC and lots of PBS and religious channels, plus a bunch of newer ones like the CW, ION & TBD etc. All of the major channels with News reports have been covering the aftermath of those storms, including the fact that many are without power, food and water or shelter.

I am afraid the only way some people will get help, is if private citzens find a way to do it. There are so many disasters happening all at once that it is impossible for any agency to help everyone. Normally every state can send help in a disastor, but right now most states have no one to spare. In our state we have National Guard fighting fires and also trying to help the hospitals. Our local hospital has something like double the usual patients, even though they have again put off all non emergency medical procedures. They had to double the ICU beds by converting other parts of the hospital into another ICU just to deal with all of the un-vaccinated Covid patients. 104 of the 110 Covid patients in the hospital today were not vaccinated. The Doctors and nurses are beyond exhausted. If it wasn't bad enough that there aren't enough medical personnel to handle the current influx, they are also losing way too many of them to quarantine when they become infected with Covid themselves. At least one patient has died while waiting for an ICU bed and we seem to have about 2 to 5 people dying of Covid most every day. That is a lot in a city of about 20,000.

I really feel for those people who were hit by this latest storm. I was beginning to think maybe we should move away from this unrelenting drought, heat and fire, but no matter where you live, the weather will get you. The weather here is completely different from what you could expect in the past, but maybe that is true every where. We were without power and the roads were all blocked for a little over a week after a bad storm in February 2019, but I am just thankful it was winter. You can always bundle up to keep warm. It also meant our freezer never thawed out and we could put snow in the refrigerator. Plus all of the springs and creeks were still running, so water for the cattle wasn't an issue. I don't know what we would do without power right now. We really need to get a good back up generator.

Hopefully before it is over with they find whoever it is saling thoes sandwiches floating in the swamps with gators feeding that person and his bologna sandwiches. What has society come too ?

Hopefully before it is over with they find whoever it is saling thoes sandwiches floating in the swamps with gators feeding that person and his bologna sandwiches. What has society come too ?
Feeding on that person and his bologna sandwiches.

Latest posts