Anyone near Bardstown, KY

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
Looking at a piece of equipment in Bardstown, KY. Trying to find someone close by that can give it a quick look over and make sure it has no water in the oil, runs good, hydraulic pump works, etc. Willing to pay for their time. Not looking for something for nothing just trying to save an 8 hour drive.

Looking at a piece of equipment in Bardstown, KY. Trying to find someone close by that can give it a quick look over and make sure it has no water in the oil, runs good, hydraulic pump works, etc. Willing to pay for their time. Not looking for something for nothing just trying to save an 8 hour drive.
There are several members up that way so hopefully someone will chime in.

We're 80 some miles east of there. I'm admittedly not a good choice for anything mechanical, and don't know anybody in that area there to recommend. If it was closer to here I might could see if a local tractor mechanic would look it over for you.

What brand is it? Worked for a dealer years ago, still turn wrenches but different equipment now.

What brand is it? Worked for a dealer years ago, still turn wrenches but different equipment now.
It's a JLG with a Deere engine. Was told to stay away from the Cummins engines in the Telehandlers. Which surprises me bc I've always thought Cummins' were pretty much the cream of the crop.

Special thanks to Littlejohn. He stopped by there and smoked her over for me. I told him on the phone how much I appreciated his time and help but words can't adequately express how it makes me feel to know that someone that doesn't even know me would take the time to do that. I hope I can do something for him but if I can't repay him I hope I can help someone else like he helped me. Nice to know there are still a few good folks out there. Hopefully there's more than I realize. Thanks again John.

It's a JLG with a Deere engine. Was told to stay away from the Cummins engines in the Telehandlers. Which surprises me bc I've always thought Cummins' were pretty much the cream of the crop.
Back when I worked on them most had 4BT Cummins and I always liked them. Gave very little trouble.

JMJ, I talked to a couple of people that have bought equipment/supplies from that dealer. No one had anything bad to say

Ended up buying one about 2 hours away from a JD dealer. Was able to go inspect, drive, and they offered me a "warranty" should anything major happen within a couple of months.

Latest posts