Anyone miss me?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
A few people here knew but just in case anyone missed me I had some pretty tough surgery on July 29th and just got out of the hospital this afternoon. They took 12" of my colon and repaired some problems with the small intesting and expecially the bladder. 8 days in the hospital sure wears me out. Still have a catheter in and cant drive or do anything for 2 weeks and then gotta be very careful for a couple months or more. They told me I could be a year or more before total recovery. If anyone has ever has colon issues I urge you to keep good check on them. I did and mine still got in real bad shape.
Best news is no cancer. Makes me feel better already.
Thanks to the few I did tell before for calling and checking on me. Dr told me I will be cranky for a while and I told him that would fit right in here.

Glad your better, and wish I had known to put you on the prayer list. That time in the hospital is ruff, In my 21 years I have spent about 8 hours in the hospital and I said I would have rather whent to jail for 3 days, never been there, but it's got to be better than laying in a bed out of normal clothes and hooked up to a bunch of stuff. Good that your over the worst part and I hope you get fully recoverd sooner than expected.

Can't wait for your observation piece! :)

Colon cancer runs in the family here, so I've seen the recovery of that type of surgery
several times. Sorry you've had to go through that. You'll be back at in no time. ;)

Hope recovery goes smooth and fast.
Its hard but remember resting is more important than worrying about getting behind.
Push it and you will be laid up longer and be even further behind.

Kenny, That is good to hear. Take good care of your colon. Colon disease is serious disease. My brother one year older than me had divericulitis and they removed the sigmoid colon. He had a tough time. Must be inherited in my family as all those my age seem to be getting it. I will be 63 on the 13th and I have done well to avoid it. For years, I have used metimucil. I swear by it. I started having trouble in 1980s when I was in my 30s. Doctor told me to use fiber. We almost lost our baby brother who is 14 years younger than me to a severe infection and complications. They put him on an aggressive regiment of fiber. After his battle with it, I doubled the recommended amount of fiber. Metimucil would be the last thing I would do without. It keeps the colon healthy.

Glad to hear you are on the other side of the surgery. Listen to those doctors and never miss your fiber.

Ryder":237qduxm said:
Get well quick Kenny. I'm sure there are gun shows you need to go to.

Ryder, there was a very good gun show only 2 miles from my hospital this weekend. If it hadnt been for all the tubes and catheter i might have tried to sneak off.

kenny thomas":3s1j04ky said:
Ryder":3s1j04ky said:
Get well quick Kenny. I'm sure there are gun shows you need to go to.

Ryder, there was a very good gun show only 2 miles from my hospital this weekend. If it hadnt been for all the tubes and catheter i might have tried to sneak off.

Heck I am surprised that you weren't laying there with a Laptop buying guns off the internet! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts