Anyone Looking for Wagyus?

Help Support CattleToday:

The first time I ever saw waygu bulls they were turned out with my neighbor's heifers. I called him and told him to saddle a horse because somebody had just dumped a couple of ropers that didn't get cut out on him. After he explained what was going on I felt pretty :dunce: but that contract had to be pretty lucrative because nobody would grab one and think, "this is what I need in my herd" without some big money involved.

ez14.":2ayroacf said:
I like the tan one in the front..

Look at what people breed for dogs.. all these FUGLY 'designer' breeds of dogs are just plain ugly...
Instead of calling my cows mutts, I'm going to call them 'designer' cows.. ought to be able to double my price... I'd definitely have to get some longhorn, beltie and char in there to really get the colors happening again

Nesikep":lb1gx84b said:
ez14.":lb1gx84b said:
I like the tan one in the front..

Look at what people breed for dogs.. all these FUGLY 'designer' breeds of dogs are just plain ugly...
Instead of calling my cows mutts, I'm going to call them 'designer' cows.. ought to be able to double my price... I'd definitely have to get some longhorn, beltie and char in there to really get the colors happening again
Excuse me? I think you forgot the shorthorns.

[URL=http://s831.photobucket.com/us...s/zz240/gizmom/IMG_0208_zpsi5dpatin.jpg[/img][/url]

My buddy Desi has some nice looking Wagyus, both red and black. She has had the grand champion bull in Houston the past couple of years. I haven't talked to her since the show last week. The marbling is for real. She has a group of registered Angus out of our herd that she is crossing for half bloods. I call Desi the queen of the Wagyus!

Gizmom

ALL cattle look nice when you over feed them . I can't see putting one in my pasture I dont care how good they taste. They can't handle being in a pasture without looking like a roping steer.

Japan's food market is odd. Tuna and Melons can sell for thousands of dollars and the record high Wagyu Carcass sold just short of $400,000. But record prices are distorted by politics and Food Companies bidding with their advertising budgets.

Rule of thumb in Japanese Markets... A4 Wagyu carcasses sell for 2.5 times the price of usda choice carcasses.
in example: usda choice carcass $1800 = A4 Wagyu $4500

In addition Japan has a 38.5% tariff on imports bringing the net price difference to about double usda choice.

That is true, they look like crap on the outside but.... they look delicious on the inside. :cboy:

gP8ONUa.jpg

5073962ac0c49.image.jpg

A good Wagyu looks about like a nice Angus heifer bull. We are getting one soon for our heifers and are pretty excited about it.

Son of Butch":2jzhby6s said:
Rule of thumb in Japanese Markets... A4 Wagyu carcasses sell for 2.5 times the price of usda choice carcasses. An example: usda choice carcass $1800 = A4 Wagyu $4500
In addition Japan has a 38.5% tariff on imports bringing the net price difference to about double usda choice.

Who is shipping Wagyu to Japan?

Japan has feedlots in Australia producing most of their needs. USA ships a small amount of usda choice beef to Japan.
The tariff applies to usa and I believe Canada. Japan has a different arrangement with Australia.

Latest posts