Anyone know

Help Support CattleToday:

My experience has been that they slowly use their effectiveness over time . It does not seem to be a sudden thing so just up the rate of concentration to get it used up. Don't chuck it.

Danged if I know - but we've got a jug that was purchased at least 3 years ago, and it seems to kill the weeds just as dead this year as last year! It is my understanding that the main thing that causes a decrease in effectiveness in any herbicide is freezing, but that probably wouldn't be a problem in your area. :lol: :lol:

msscamp":3af25r3x said:
Danged if I know - but we've got a jug that was purchased at least 3 years ago, and it seems to kill the weeds just as dead this year as last year! It is my understanding that the main thing that causes a decrease in effectiveness in any herbicide is freezing, but that probably wouldn't be a problem in your area. :lol: :lol:

I got some that the silverfish have eaten the labels off of in the shed at the house. It still does a good job around the house. Six years and going strong.

Jogeephus":3jkc8yt9 said:
msscamp":3jkc8yt9 said:

I got some that the silverfish have eaten the labels off of in the shed at the house. It still does a good job around the house. Six years and going strong.

Yeah, we've got some Banvel and Tordon like that - I honestly have no idea how old either one is - neither one has a label, both have the name written on the jug in permanent marker, but they both still work!

Not 2,4-d, but 3 sprinfs ago I mixed some remedy and deisel and never got around to using it. Dumped it in a praryer a couple of weeks ago and treated a bunc of the neighbor locust trees that were close enough to the fence that I could lean across the fence and spray. They're in he final stages of dying now.

Latest posts