Anyone know or use the bull Herf

Help Support CattleToday:

I would sure be curios about his frame score. With those kinds of WW and YW makes me think of a hippo not a bovine type.

dun

I agree with paint, he looks pretty decent. Not much pigment around the eye though. I've not used him nor do I plan too, but I've seen his papa and lots of his progeny and would have to say they are good looking, functional cattle. I would like to try Stewart sometime.

Dun, are you having a senior moment?? :lol: His WW and YW are only in the top 20-30%. Pretty good, but not excessive in my book. You must have been staring at too many RA EPD's. If I'm not mistaken, their breed avg's are lower.

If I'm not mistaken Stewart is a 6 something framed bull. So unless the dam is over sized I wouldn't think he'd be too big. I can't get the "Performance Pedigree" option to work right now, so I can't be positive on those sizes.

Mr. Fullerton passed on a few months back, so I don't know if the Fullerton Hereford Ranch is still in operation. It still must be. Anyway, good bull and good mother. Take care. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":30t75w6b said:
Mr. Fullerton passed on a few months back, so I don't know if the Fullerton Hereford Ranch is still in operation. It still must be. Anyway, good bull and good mother. Take care. :cboy:

I went to the Fullerton web sit and she said she is cutting back and not doing alot of the stuff such as Flushes and such but still has and will have semen.

Alan

Alan":3ewrtexp said:
Hill Creek Farm":3ewrtexp said:

I went to the Fullerton web sit and she said she is cutting back and not doing alot of the stuff such as Flushes and such but still has and will have semen.

Alan
That is good to hear. I know that Allan died and I really didn't know what was going to happen with the ranch. Take care. :cboy:

El_Putzo":3i61cwws said:
Dun, are you having a senior moment?? :lol: His WW and YW are only in the top 20-30%. Pretty good, but not excessive in my book. You must have been staring at too many RA EPD's. If I'm not mistaken, their breed avg's are lower.

I wasn;t looking at EPDs. His actaul (or at least reported weights) were 818 and 1239. Unless he was being stoked like a pig, those are pretty high weights in my book.

dun

dun":2p4vbmsr said:
El_Putzo":2p4vbmsr said:

I wasn;t looking at EPDs. His actaul (or at least reported weights) were 818 and 1239. Unless he was being stoked like a pig, those are pretty high weights in my book.

dun

This is true. I just like to give you a hard time. ;-)

Ive also talked to Mrs. Fullerton a few months ago, trying to locate a polled Hereford bull at least 18 months old for a friend. She had one left at that time. About everyone was sold out. The Stewart bull consistently sires competitive sons at the OBI test.

El_Putzo":21afzpoz said:
dun":21afzpoz said:
El_Putzo":21afzpoz said:

dun

You dont want to know what my new bulls WW and YW were then. Isnt that right El Putzo. JHH

dun":2773cin9 said:
El_Putzo":2773cin9 said:

Is this officially beat up on dun week?

dun

I dont know that anyone made it "official"
But yes, it is

MD

PS not a proven enough bull for me, looks good but if I cant see at least group of heifers out of a bull I have a hard time tossing him in the tank. Those acc numbers are way low.
To many good ones that are already proven to take the chance. Of course hwen you have as few head as I do you cant afford to make alot of mistakes. lol

I won't pick on you, dun, you are one of a nice group here that knows what they are talking about.

mtnman

mtnman":dcfv0gby said:
I won't pick on you, dun, you are one of a nice group here that knows what they are talking about.

mtnman

Based on what El_Putzo said, Ddoes that mean you don;t love me?

dun

Yes Dun we all love you, even mtnman.
Now I have to go wash up as I feel dirty.

MD

Hill Creek Farm":1dr2sp8s said:

Didn't know that. Sad to hear.

Latest posts