Anyone have pictures of Charolais gelbvieh cross calves?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jrd88816

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of charolais gelbvieh cross calves? I am a new member to the forums but I have read other peoples post for awhile. I have Charolaise and Charolaise crosses with Angus mixed in. I had been running Angus bulls but decided to try balancer bulls. When I went to a breeder a good friend of mine knew he had really good gelbvieh bulls and balancer bulls but some one had come and bought all 8 balancer bulls he had left. I really liked his gelbvieh bulls though so I purchased 2. Both bulls are black. I am expecting calves colored like my angus Charolais crosses but with more neck but I was just wanting to see some pictures.

Here are some Gelb x Charolais calves out of a car cow and gelb bull. I have had them from black, tan, smokey to white in color. Out of same bull and same cow. You never know for certain.

Color wise I figure they would come out looking close to how your Angus cross calves did. We had some Longhorns bred to a balancer bull when we bought them and most of them came out solid black and thats hard to do with a Longhorn.

Big Cheese":1onjp6i5 said:
We had some Longhorns bred to a balancer bull when we bought them and most of them came out solid black and thats hard to do with a Longhorn.

GV seems to knock off more white faces then angus also.

I agree with you Steve. Everyone knows how hard it is to get rid of the chrome of a Longhorn and this black Balancer did the trick. Only 2 had chrome on them if I remember correctly. We are still having some out of the same bull this year but only one has chrome out of 5 i believe. One is solid white with black ears though but that wont get docked much.

I don't think a Gelbvieh would knock any more white face off than an Angus bull. And for longhorns being harder to knock the chrome off of, the thing you have to remember is their are a lot more genes at work in them. They have a spotting gene, lineback genes and roan genes and a few others floating around. While none of these are any harder to get rid of than in any other breed that they exhist in, getting rid of them all at the same time is statistically more difficult.

I don't have a picture handy but one of my best heifers this year is a rio bravo/commercial red cow by a balancer bull that's ext and freedom bred. She doesn't match any of my baldies but she dang sure gets to stay.

I don't post very often, but since I have some pictures of this cross I thought I would share.
These are Charolais X Angus cows bred to a red Gelbvieh bull. These pictures were taken last October, so the calves would all be roughly 6 months old.

IMG_5188_zpsgmyrttil.jpg

IMG_5228_zpswdg2y0ul.jpg

IMG_5190_zpssb4o4ucn.jpg

IMG_5207sm_zps49csgwai.jpg

IMG_5223_zpsys4fv5iz.jpg

Dang now those are some good looking calves. I like a red Gelbvieh bull from what I've been seeing. I got one Longhorn cow that has a calf out of a Red Balancer bull and I'm guessing it has more Gelbvieh then Angus but I'm loving how it is growing so far at only a month old.

Latest posts