Anyone have an Italian Spinone?

Help Support CattleToday:

Good Grief! A breed I havent heard of! Almost impossable!

They are fairly new over here in North America. I have been pouring over dog breeds. Our dog has elbow dysplacia and we think she won't make it through next winter. :cry: So I thought now would be the time to research different breeds and see what would be a good match for us. We love our current dog - she is a Newfie crossed with who knows what but next time we want a little less hair. We love how calm she is though. I don't want a bouncy dog. The Spinone looks right from what I have read but I wanted to hear from someone with hands on experience.

I thought I was going to hear about food!! Wasting my time coming over here.

Walt

Victoria,

This made me curious so I googled it. It says those dogs can be traced back to 500 BC. :shock: That alone would make me think they might be worth owning...

Alice

Yeah they are an old breed just not around much. It makes me wonder why... :lol:
I put an e-mail in to a breeder to ask cost and told her what life the dog would have with us and asked if it would be good for us. Have to see what she says.

My husband thinks they are ugly, I can't totally disagree but I think they are ugly in a cute way. :) Here's some pics from the UK Spinone site.
Spinone4.jpg

Spinone.jpg

Spinone3.jpg

Spinone5.jpg

I've seen plenty of puppies and those are just about the cutest i've ever seen! They're delightful!

Look kinda like a wirehaired German Shorthaired Pointer. Maby
a cousin?? Look like nice dogs..

Latest posts