Anyone have a Keurig coffee maker?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My wife ordered one for our business a couple months ago. I had to go into the business early in the morning a couple of days ago, I was upset because no coffee in my cup and wanted another, 2 to 4 bucks for another for the way home. She showed me what she had for herself and emps ...... Wow a cup in less then a minute and the coffee is about the same price as any other shelf coffee and good and hot, no waste or wait.

It's just me and my wife these days, and we have the old coffee mate 12 cup unit at home and we dump coffee everyday. I sound like an infomercial but I was impressed. I did check out the price of the coffee and happy with that. I'm really thinking about one for the home.

Just wondering if anyone has this unit and their thoughts and opinions.

Thanks,

Alan

My wife has one, works very well. Use distilled water in it or else you'll have problems with mineral buildup.

ga.prime":yglj0sp8 said:
My wife has one, works very well. Use distilled water in it or else you'll have problems with mineral buildup.

The reviews I have read are mostly 4 or 5 star, but some say it gets plugged to soon and needs a paper clip treatment. I wonder if it's a mineral in the water problem?

Alan":23kowh3g said:
ga.prime":23kowh3g said:

The reviews I have read are mostly 4 or 5 star, but some say it gets plugged to soon and needs a paper clip treatment. I wonder if it's a mineral in the water problem?

You'll know when you see a film developing on the insides of the water reservoir. I fill the reservoir with white vinegar about ever 6 months and run it all through the system for a complete cleaning. Have been using the Donut Shop style coffee bought at Walmart for under $10 for 18 cups. Drinking only a couple of cups every morning, the Keurig has been a perfect setup for me. My only beef with it, and not a really big deal, is that their large mug serving isn't all that large.

greybeard":3hlr5894 said:
Didn't we just have this same conversation the 1st week in April?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90843

Sorry dude! :lol: One of the very many threads I didn't catch or pay attention to. But thanks for the link, good to have those opinions, read them all. For my wife and I, I think it would be a good thing ...... If it works. The K-cups seem to be about .40 cents a cup with no waste, but as some one said on the link you provided it may need a good vinegar cleaning every six months.

I bought one of the Hamilton Beach versions for my parents for Christmas last year. It was about 1/3 of the price of the Kureig's and they really like it.

No, and I don't intend to have one of those "designer" coffee makers. That said...

I use a 12 cup Mr Coffee (replace every 1-2 years, including vinegar cleaning). I drink coffee all day long. I buy "regular" coffee in the "3 lb can" (at least used to be 3 pounds) for $6 to 8 a can. I make more than I drink each day. The next morning I microwave 1 of yesterday's cup (75 seconds) while new pot is brewing (less than 10 min.). I figure I buy one can a month and each cup probably costs me 5 cents or less. For a special "treat" I'll brew a pot of my "reserve stash"...Gevalia Amaretto blend... :)

I tried Starbucks coffee one time...people with me went there...$2-$3 for a "regular" cup of black coffee...tasted like warmed over asphalt... Never again went back and "you know the rest of the story"...LOL!

I got mine when they first came out 4 or 5 years ago. I worked for Kitchen Collection and got some in as samples. A commonly reported problem with Keurig brewers is that they sometimes shut off unexpectedly between brews. Instead of turning the brewer off and then back on again each time this happens, remove the water reservoir and drop it back in place. During brewing, the magnet that is in the reservoir can become dislodged by the vibrations of the machine. Try this quick fix to return the magnet to its proper place.
Thanks,
John
Coffee Maker

Latest posts