Anyone got wireless security cameras?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Theft starting to be worse in our are and thought about security cameras around the house and barn. I like the idea of the wireless cams by being able to mount them with only power to them and transmit back to the house.

I had a couple, but unless they have improved since 2007, the wireless units worked very poorly. The cameras themselves worked fine, but the transmitted signal was so flakey I returned them to Radio Shack. Salesman told the wireless units just weren't 'ready for primetime" yet and they had seen a lot of returns on them.

We installed the Netgear cameras from Best Buy a little over a year ago and have been happy with them. We pair that up with the self installed security system from Simplisafe so we get double notification. We don't expect them to stop anyone but it may be a little deterrent along with watchful neighbors when we aren't there. :)

We had an issue with the cameras for awhile and then found the problem was with the IP from the provider. We put the camera router on a timer which forced a reboot every day and no problems since then.

I think part of your problem GB is you mentioned you got your cameras from Radio Shack. I put the quality of products from Radio Shack, Harbor Freight and TSC all in the same bucket - very poor.

Hi, Wireless Cameras are in demand nowadays because of the so many crimes and thefts that are happening around. Actually,I do not own one as of this time but because wireless cameras may help in providing security and can help identify unscrupulous people around, I am planning to purchase one for our home.