anyone feeding hay yet

Help Support CattleToday:

RAWCJW

Reaction score
If it doesn't start raining I will be feeding hay in july :cry: I am rotational grazing but the grass doesn't seem to be growing. Just curiuos if I was the only one.

I will start next week, I am in the rotational waiting on my fields. they are all done (except the millet field)until we get some rain.

Central Fl Cracker":rg453wsg said:
C Holland
Did you get any rain from the Tropical Storm Alberto? We got quite a bit.

not even 1 drop, not a drop in 6 weeks plus and then only a 1-2" since Feb

Yep, started hay this week. Did get one inch of rain also - PTL!

Bought some hay this week since our own production is going to be very low.

Billy

I have been feeding hay for two weeks now in the romote pasture. We put out the first hay at home yesterday. I am feeding at a rate of about 80% of winter rate.

Last year we started feeding hay iin May. Bought 2 semi loads in june. The day the second load was delivered it started to rain. We had already fed all of the hay we had for the winter and never even fed any of the bought hay until January this year. Now we've got a semi load and a half of hay that we bought and about 2 loads that we put up this year ourselves.

dun

I sell hay in wet years and try to make enough for me in dry years. I hope I can keep up this year.

sheesh you guys, I just started putting out a little - we have had an inch and 5/100ths since SEPTEMBER of last year.

I have mesquites dying. It is REALLY bad here. On thing about drought - what little feed you get sure doesn't wash out. What I wouldn't give to complain about mud for a few weeks, or even days! it has been a long time.

Here in N.E. Georgia it is dry. I'll be opening another pature this thursday. then start feeding Hay. I've got enough Hay to feed about 30 days before I get into the winter supply.

Here in N.W. SC it is very dry also have'nt even baled enough for this winter and already feeding it.

Latest posts