Anyone feeding corn gluten?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
If so how much are you paying for it in bulk and what are you feeding/mixing it with? Anyone feeding corn gluten only and no mixture?

I have fed it but am not right now. Both wet and dry. Mixed it with corn and corn silage. If fed straight in high quantity watch your minerals. It causes an imbalance with some of your minerals which causes weak bones. I will check the price later in the week and let you know.

kenny thomas":2o614x5i said:
I have fed it but am not right now. Both wet and dry. Mixed it with corn and corn silage. If fed straight in high quantity watch your minerals. It causes an imbalance with some of your minerals which causes weak bones. I will check the price later in the week and let you know.
Don;t walk/stand behind them. If they cough or phart it's very unpleasent.

we have just started with the cracked corn and corn gluten. we also have free "standing" mineral. should i be concerned with the mineral intake? if so, what should i be watching for?

cowhand- I feed wet brewers grain and also notice an increased intake in the minerals once they start to eat a batch of the wet brewers grain. Don't know if it is a problem, but I have been feeding the WBG for about a year and have not seen any acute visible health problems with the cows. I just keep the mineral in front of them because the WBG keeps the cows looking good, it's free and they eat it like candy.

cowmaker":3v8o680w said:
cowhand- I feed wet brewers grain and also notice an increased intake in the minerals once they start to eat a batch of the wet brewers grain. Don't know if it is a problem, but I have been feeding the WBG for about a year and have not seen any acute visible health problems with the cows. I just keep the mineral in front of them because the WBG keeps the cows looking good, it's free and they eat it like candy.

Where are you located? How are you getting wet brewers grain for free?

Greatgerts- Located in NC. A friend started a microbrewery and he gives me the grain. The cows really polish off the mineral when they are eating the WBG.

Thanks cowmaker. I will check into the local microbreweries. I have a friend that gets it hauled to him for about $56/ton (It gets hauled from AB/In Bev in St. Louis). I'm really curious to see how much you can get from one of the micros.

I have fed corn gluten in smaller amounts alone. But you will get into alot of trouble if is feed in large amounts ,such as grain feeding out steers, by it's self.

Latest posts