anyone familiar with case ih 895? opionions

Help Support CattleToday:

scf84

Reaction score
there is one for sale near me, i have only seen a couple of pics and the place says it runs real good but says it has a internal leak in the trans that allows the brakes to leak down, and the loader has lots of drips and is slow. around 5k hours might can get it for $4500 for sure $5000

anyone have any experience with these tractors?

A neighbor had one and done a lot of plowing with a 4 bottom with it. I would want to get that one cheap with the issues and I check for parts availability before I bought it. In 1999 they were bought out by CNH Global, a Fiat Group division, which has since been demerged into a corporation that is majority-owned by Fiat Industrial and parts are getting few and far between for those from my understanding.

IMGP3627.jpg

Yea personally unless you can make those repairs yourself and parts readily available walk away ... NO RUN... Sometimes it pays to spend a little more money and not have the bs to deal with.

My dad has a 695 which is the same tractor with a smaller motor (IIRC his is a 238ci vs the 268ci in the 895). Parts have been readily available and a really a non issue.

Having said that the brakes could be a real pain, there is a master cylinder with lines going into the rear end IIRC. If they are leaking internally the tractor would most likely need to be split.

What loader does it have on it? A Case 2250 or 2255? Or other brand? Drips from cylinders are no big deal and as simple as a few seal kits. How is the loader powered? Off the internal hydraulic pump in the tractor? If so being slow could mean that the pump in the tractor is on its way out.