Anyone ever use this feed ?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":22r027mj said:
skyhightree1":22r027mj said:
gotcha that tells me what I need to do but what do you think is the best to make calves gain quicker.. I am planning on buying a few bottle calves and wondered if there was anything else i can help give them a boost with.

Put a good high quality textured calf starter in front of them from day one. Maybe only a cup full for each to begin with. They'll eventually learn to eat it. Should be up to a couple pounds per day by weaning time.

I gotcha. I will have to try that.

pdfangus":2n76qtmy said:
tom4018":2n76qtmy said:
Bigfoot":2n76qtmy said:
Is that the product Southern States calls beef extender? If it is, I wasn't blown away by it.
Tag is slightly different, but close. Neighbor feed some to some weaned calves and they did not do so great. I used it just as a treat to get cows up to work them and spray them. It was ok but a lot cheaper when I feed it.

yeah when Culpepper Coop first started making MSG pellets it was like four dollars a bag. (50 lb). Over 8.00 now. near 9.00...

Crazy how feed has went up my dog food has went up almost 3 dollars per bag

skyhightree1":1cdvife4 said:
gotcha that tells me what I need to do but what do you think is the best to make calves gain quicker.. I am planning on buying a few bottle calves and wondered if there was anything else i can help give them a boost with.
Good replacer, and a 18 to 20% grain. Is what I do.

Latest posts