Anyone ever get lazy?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":38rqmyi7 said:
I frequently put a job off till winter cause it's too hot, then can't do it cause the ground is too soft.

Me thinks you have got procrastination figured out. Teach me your ways old wise one. :D

I can say without a doubt that the last 2 weeks I have not been lazy. when I get a project started I have to finish it ASAP. I could use a dose of patience tho.

It has been that way on and off all summer here . Just not getting things accomplished like we should have .
It has been so nice the last month that I sometimes suggest just going for a long hike, check cows , and the sit on the deck and have a few cold ones ,maybe a game of badminton or ladder golf. Now the days get darker earlier and it is starting to cool off, we have a coral to finish building , a fence to put up, corals to clean, green feed and hay to cut , herd health , steers to ship and a fire pit to finish . I want a do over for the whole summer . :help: :(

I don't know that I'd call it lazy yet but I've decided that one job is enough at least two days a week whether I like it or not. My fourteen hour days seven days a week have turned into twelves and then six days a week and then ten hour days five days a week with only part time on the other two... About the only reason I can still roll out of bed at 2am is the knowledge that I'm REAL close to never having to do it again.

cow pollinater":1m0d3rr6 said:
I don't know that I'd call it lazy yet but I've decided that one job is enough at least two days a week whether I like it or not. My fourteen hour days seven days a week have turned into twelves and then six days a week and then ten hour days five days a week with only part time on the other two... About the only reason I can still roll out of bed at 2am is the knowledge that I'm REAL close to never having to do it again.

Working hard to get ahead or to get started or because you really enjoy what you are doing are one thing. But life is too short to spend it just working. Enjoying time with loved ones, sitting down to a good meal that isn't rushed, and getting a good nights sleep are more important than money.

Dave":3s7y4n3b said:
cow pollinater":3s7y4n3b said:

Working hard to get ahead or to get started or because you really enjoy what you are doing are one thing. But life is too short to spend it just working. Enjoying time with loved ones, sitting down to a good meal that isn't rushed, and getting a good nights sleep are more important than money.

Amen Brother !!!!!

Bigfoot":3os1r52j said:
Yea, and I wish I didn't. Sometimes between work, farming, kids, and church you get to a point were you realize you just can't get it all done. Someone made a good post the other day. It went kinda like this-------When your young you want more, and when your older you want less. I am starting to feel that way. I fight the urge to send my cow/calf operation down the road. I'd background two big groups. Put up almost no hay, and take December, January, and half of February off. I don't guess I'll ever do that, but I think about it all the time. It's laziness talking when I feel that way.

I don't think it is lazy I just have some things on my bucket list before I get to old and cripple.
Just came in not a dry thread on me from cutting a top off the fence and getting mess untangled and up.
Storm came through with wind and a lot of lightening.

Dave":22dugq9k said:
Working hard to get ahead or to get started or because you really enjoy what you are doing are one thing. But life is too short to spend it just working.
I keep hearing people say that, but life is the longest sequence of time thing you're ever gonna experience------*on this Earth anyway.*
*yep--now I've done gone and done it. locked in 10-9-8-7...

Latest posts