Anyone ever contact dell?

Help Support CattleToday:

RentedMule

Reaction score
So I bought a new laptop from Dell and this is my first time ever dealing with them. I found a few things interesting. When I called to speak with a Dell salesman, they connected me to an American who can speak clear english. Well, he did what some, wont say all, salesman are good at, lying to make his commission. Long story short, I have called them over 5 times to try to speak with someone who can speak english and have yet to speak with anyone I can understand. Also looked up their HQ phone number since they are in Texas and every phone number listed doesn't work. Pretty sad when you cant even speak to an American in customer service. Thats my rant for the day :bang:

I used to do computer work, and many of the US computer companies outsource their support overseas. Many times I have described the problem to them and they have ask me to rephrase the question. They have scripts that they can look up solutions for.

Also it used to be that if you request to speak to someone in the US they could transfer you. Don't know about anymore.

It is really sad that we can't have support people for these companies done by people who live in the USA.

I've been dealing with Samsung the past couple of days over a new, not working product. Apparently, there are some that don't speak English well, then there are those that don't understand it either.

That's always frustrating and can make a bad situation worse when you are having trouble and can't get someone you can understand. One thing I've found that helps with the language barrier sometimes is using chat if that option is there. For some issues it's not practical and I have to call, but i use it when I can. It's a pain to type stuff out, but a lot of times it helps me find what I'm needing quicker, and I have in writing what they say in case there is a discrepancy over something they said down the road. Its a tough conversation when a company's offshore support tries to understand my hillbilly dialect and I try to understand the dialect from whatever part of the world they're from. :lol2:

I just use chat whenever I have to deal with any customer service.

cbcr":2xnbssce said:
I used to do computer work, and many of the US computer companies outsource their support overseas. Many times I have described the problem to them and they have ask me to rephrase the question. They have scripts that they can look up solutions for.

Also it used to be that if you request to speak to someone in the US they could transfer you. Don't know about anymore.

It is really sad that we can't have support people for these companies done by people who live in the USA.

That was one of my first thoughts exactly. Many Americans could benefit from it but its all about money now. I wish there would be an option for a tax reduction to large businesses if they hire more Americans to do things such as call centers.

Tornado uses Ajay in India.....He's a freelance computer whiz who answers 24/7 and works for about $4 an hour. If I have a problem with anything computer related, I go to Ajay and skip the manufactures tech support. He's fast, friendly, good, and grateful for the work. All of the Americans that want a job, have one. The tax code is plenty good enough to promote a healthy business environment, IMO. Take welfare, all kinds of welfare, out of the equation and you will have an available work force again.