Anyone else remember the good old days of CT?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jogeephus":11sqd2os said:
I tried to be empathetic but am accused of patronizing. Yes, memories of "the gold old days" are becoming much clearer. Weren't they great? :roll:

Empathetic, seriously? Just because I am a woman, chose to discuss something that has been bothering me about thease boards for some time makes me.....having a bad day......needing to take a chit.......and needing to get laid. Oh and be compared to Frankie. Unbelievable. And for those of you reading who think I am taking any of this personal, I'm not, it's JUST the web folks!

MistyMorning":j0jhatg6 said:
Jogeephus":j0jhatg6 said:
I tried to be empathetic but am accused of patronizing. Yes, memories of "the gold old days" are becoming much clearer. Weren't they great? :roll:

Empathetic, seriously? Just because I am a woman, chose to discuss something that has been bothering me about thease boards for some time makes me.....having a bad day......needing to take a chit.......and needing to get laid. Oh and be compared to Frankie. Unbelievable. And for those of you reading who think I am taking any of this personal, I'm not, it's JUST the web folks!

I said NONE of those things other than the part about having a bad day and I stand by what I said because what I do believe everyone is entitled to have a bad day.

Jogeephus":2uk1q7n7 said:
MistyMorning":2uk1q7n7 said:
Jogeephus":2uk1q7n7 said:

I said NONE of those things other than the part about having a bad day and I stand by what I said because what I do believe everyone is entitled to have a bad day.

No you didn't Jo and I apologize for lumping your comment with those other posts.

MistyMorning":1agzqc10 said:
Jogeephus":1agzqc10 said:

For all involved in these two threads, I was the one that brought up Frankie, it was simply meant as a fat softball for CB to take hold of, in no way was it meant to compare Misty to Frankie. I'm one of the few that agree with Misty, CT has a no politics rule, Macon should enforce it or change it, don't ignore it. While I don't get offended by most of the politics that go on here, it does seem many of the threads turn political, even in the slightest ways. But again that doesn't bother me as much as some other things do, such as massey's juvenile comments, but rules are rules, enforce or change.

No offense meant Misty,
Alan

Its is simple if you open a thread and don't like where its going don't read any farther. I am pretty sure Macon can take care of the boards just fine. If we get out of hand he or one of the mods shut us down. It works fine as far as i am concerned.

Alan":22bjamwf said:
MistyMorning":22bjamwf said:
Jogeephus":22bjamwf said:

For all involved in these two threads, I was the one that brought up Frankie, it was simply meant as a fat softball for CB to take hold of, in no way was it meant to compare Misty to Frankie. I'm one of the few that agree with Misty, CT has a no politics rule, Macon should enforce it or change it, don't ignore it. While I don't get offended by most of the politics that go on here, it does seem many of the threads turn political, even in the slightest ways. But again that doesn't bother me as much as some other things do, such as massey's juvenile comments, but rules are rules, enforce or change.

No offense meant Misty,
Alan
all of them,, are just the ones on here?? need to be more specific,, narrow it down for us.. shed some light ..tighten up the broad circle :cowboy:

Massey135":1k7ihfun said:
Leave him alone, ala, he's grown now - he quit doin that as a child.

Massey, I have seen your kind come and go,come and go, come and go. You type and all is shown youngster.

MistyMorning":1x7c1eqk said:
ALACOWMAN":1x7c1eqk said:
only problem i see in the deal ..... is if one goes over there to talk it, you have to haul the whole bunch with you... :cowboy:

I'm sure the folks over there will welcome them. If they want to make every post into a political commentary, than that's where they belong anyway. If they want the information and be helpful to others with regards to farming and ranching issues that goes on on this forum, than, like some already do, be a member of both forums.

I agree with you. I think some just like to type and then read back to themselves. Usually if it's not related to cattle I just jump over it. Just me, but I'm not too much into fiction.

fitz

Massey 135 I don't have time to read everything posted on the boards. Will you please tell me where I can find your juvenile comments--I missed them. :?
I need to read them before passing judgement on your juvenile behavior. :nod:

I don't see what the big deal is. A political discussion can be done in a respectful way. It's not like politics doesn't affect out daily lives. And more so everyday. So it makes sense that it comes up in discussion.

Alan":6wq1mtng said:
Massey135":6wq1mtng said:
Leave him alone, ala, he's grown now - he quit doin that as a child.

Massey, I have seen your kind come and go,come and go, come and go. You type and all is shown youngster.

My kind?? Wasps?

Ryder":291l89uo said:
Massey 135 I don't have time to read everything posted on the boards. Will you please tell me where I can find your juvenile comments--I missed them. :?
Idk either, that's grown man talk. Juveniles outta have their mouth washed out for that type talking. Us adults on the other hand...

Ryder":2bvyuwmk said:
Did I too miss something? I try to be a equal opportunity offender.
If I missed anyone I'm sorry, I'll try not to miss you next time.

MM, I do remember when politics weren't allowed on this forum. Ranchers was always the place to go for that, but not so much anymore apparently. I understand it's Macon's board and since the old policy isn't enforced as firmly, I just find myself checking in less and less. There are tons of places I can go to talk politics or debate with strangers. Not so many places I can go to simply talk about cattle.

eta: I see Macon weighed in before locking the other thread. I would have voted "yes" so make that 9.

Red Bull Breeder":1ycaq1v3 said:
Its is simple if you open a thread and don't like where its going don't read any farther. I am pretty sure Macon can take care of the boards just fine. If we get out of hand he or one of the mods shut us down. It works fine as far as i am concerned.
:clap: :clap:

Now there's a novel approach, and one every single one of us uses--every single day in our off-line lives. It's called "free will". If we pick up a newspaper, start reading an article and it isn't to our liking, we don't just keep reading and get upset--we move down or accross the page to another article. Same with a personal conversation, a radio program, a TV program, a book or magazine. We use that ol free will thing, and either switch stations, turn the page, skim past a paragraph or two, or mentally tune out the commercial. But, get on an internet connection, :compute: and all of a sudden, those tried and true decades long practices (for some unexplained reason) no longer seem to "work". Maybe something in our monitors is streaming invisible but sublime messages that somehow trigger an obssessive compulsive disorder that forces people to continue readin things that bother them--who knows? I must have a metal plate in my head, cuz the sublime instructions don't seem to work on me--I'm on another forum where the bovine discussions sometimes turns to goats, which I almost always just skip right over since I have no interest whatsoever in goats.
(feel free to just skip right over all this or use the back button--I'm going to as soon as I click "submit")
:tiphat:

2/B or not 2/B":1g84uk0o said:
MM, I do remember when politics weren't allowed on this forum. Ranchers was always the place to go for that, but not so much anymore apparently. I understand it's Macon's board and since the old policy isn't enforced as firmly, I just find myself checking in less and less. There are tons of places I can go to talk politics or debate with strangers. Not so many places I can go to simply talk about cattle.

eta: I see Macon weighed in before locking the other thread. I would have voted "yes" so make that 9.

Hey 2B do you speak as eloquently as you write? :lol2: Anyhoo, that is exactly what my feelings are on the subject.

In the words of our fearless leader "Enough, Let's move on"

Status
Not open for further replies.