Anyone else having issues with the site

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Seems the place is running slow, and I'm not talking about the state below Missouri slow.
Ping rates down sometimes have to kick again. Is it just me or anyone else having the issue?

hooknline":8b3stk7w said:
Seems the place is running slow, and I'm not talking about the state below Missouri slow.
Ping rates down sometimes have to kick again. Is it just me or anyone else having the issue?
I thought it was just my internet connection. Yessir it's slow as all get out here too.

Yes, slow and I believe it has to do with the big ad at the top right. When a page is slow loading, so is that ad and things like ad.doubleclick.net, img.mediplex.com, google analytics, and altfarm.net are shown to be loafing instead of loading on the taskbar--"Waiting for altfarm.net" for example.
Can't count the times I've had to stop and reload a page because it takes ad.doubleclick.net took so long.
Several weeks ago, everything loaded almost instantly.

Mine is always slow cause im on my phone loading it. What i notice though are topics that dont show up for a day or so later

Sometimes I have to stop and reload a page to get it to come up . I also get a message when I try to use the page back after viewing a thread . It says something to the effect ' that tread doesn't exist ' and I have to go back to the board index and start over . Might be my phone and iPad I guess

The only problem I'm having with the site is the temptation to click on that "Pink Wink" advertisement :lol2:
Just noticed that today. What's up with that?

JSCATTLE":3hpnoyva said:
Sometimes I have to stop and reload a page to get it to come up . I also get a message when I try to use the page back after viewing a thread . It says something to the effect ' that tread doesn't exist ' and I have to go back to the board index and start over . Might be my phone and iPad I guess
Nope--I have the same problem on both my laptop and desktop computer. Not sure what's going on, but I suspect the page just takes too long to load and the server takes too long to respond to the request. Does'n't happen all the time--just occasionally.

chippie":1wha1pvq said:
I use this to block the ads at the top. It will speed up the site loading. It is available for Chrome too.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

http://adblockplus.org/en/
Thanks chippie. I use Chrome but I think I'll wait. Got enough problems already without adding some bugs to it.
From the website you linked to:
We are currently working on providing the same experience for Google Chrome as what you are used to from Firefox. Please keep in mind that we are not there yet and much work still needs to be done. There are also known Google Chrome bugs and limitations that need to be resolved.

I guess I'm the only one to see the "Pink Wink" ad?? "Where lesbo's meet other lesbo's". It was a bit embarassing sitting here with my kids reading over my shoulders.

hooknline":c9hztzrg said:
I don't see it

It was there yesterday about this time. You know the top right ad changes everytime? Yesterday there were a couple hot chicks face to face, grinning at each other like a possum eating shyt. They weren't swapping spit, or anything like that, but the did say "where lesbenes meet other lesbeens"

I never knew the site to be this slow ever. But its been a year since I posted :lol:

Ouachita":3q7clrv3 said:
I guess I'm the only one to see the "Pink Wink" ad?? "Where lesbo's meet other lesbo's". It was a bit embarassing sitting here with my kids reading over my shoulders.
Generally those ads are based on prior search interests.

Latest posts