Anyone else find the popup ads in the upper corner offensive

Help Support CattleToday:

SRBeef

Reaction score
I personally find some of the popup ads in the upper RH corner of this site offensive.

Cattlemax ads I can understand. Bouncing cartoon boobs I can't understand and will not tolerate any longer.

I sure wouldn't want to be sitting here with a child nearby.

Please institute some discretion on the ads this site accepts. I will not be back if I see this type of ad again.

Jim

Jed I have not been browsing for foreign women nor cartoon boobs from some sort of computer games. I think you know me well enough for that.

I would think the Angus association in the upper left not want to be associated with many of the ads I have seen in the upper right.

I'm starting to remember why I haven't posted here for quite some time until recently. Maybe that's the idea.

Jim

All I get if farmers only with inyati out talking to his cows.

I use a tablet at home and never really see them .

I have never seen anyting like that on this site. Like someone else said sometimes these popups or adds are a result of your browsing history.

if you hit the refresh button, it will change the ad... all I get is Cattlemax, some Chase Ink ad, and a grocery ad of some type.....

SRBeef":28p9qpx3 said:
Jed I have not been browsing for foreign women nor cartoon boobs from some sort of computer games. I think you know me well enough for that.

I would think the Angus association in the upper left not want to be associated with many of the ads I have seen in the upper right.

I'm starting to remember why I haven't posted here for quite some time until recently. Maybe that's the idea.

Jim
I'm just joking a little Jim, I know you haven't. That's what made me type that.

I'm about to leave this site, too, if those ads continue. I googled the name of a book and found it's not a Hindu religious book. Those ads started popping up then. Sorry, but if you typed a description of those ads, the words would be blocked. Something should be done to get rid of them.

I know no one here knows me from Adam, but I do not have any idea where my browsing history would give anyone the idea I would be interested in boobs at all, let alone cartoon boobs. I do know how my cache and viewing history is used to create banner ads that I may be predisposed to view (I sell things online for a living) but this site has always recommended very odd ads for me, including a real odd weight-loss ad with a jiggly cartoon lady in her underwear. :p Strange.

crap i am starting to get jealous. All i get are Cattlemax adds.

FWIW most folks here know i am into firearms and this kind of thing happens to me all the time and i know it's based on my browsing history and probably some cookies that i forgot to delete.

SRBeef do what they recomended to me the other day douche the crap out of your computer and see if that helps

If you put your cursor in the top right corner of some ads you should get an " ad choices" where you can go to set the ads you see ( or don't see ). I think!
Liz

If you have Firefox or Chrome, you can get an extension called Ad Blocker Plus. the only thing that I can see is the Q&A in the middle.

Ad Blocker Plus is the greatest thing out there. Unfortunately, I have to use a website that has applets running all through it that dont work if you have adblocker turned on. It was a sad day when I had to stop using adblocker a few months ago. I never realized how junked up most websites are with banner ads.

Latest posts