Anyone around me getting rain?

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":56wd6bgm said:
you wouldnt know it rained over 7 inches here.as theres very little water or mudd.

Still a little muddy here, but I'm really surprised the tanks didn't catch as much water as one might think after 9" of rain. I knew there were some big cracks, but geez... tanks only came up a couple of feet.

slick4591":18nawknp said:
bigbull338":18nawknp said:
you wouldnt know it rained over 7 inches here.as theres very little water or mudd.

Still a little muddy here, but I'm really surprised the tanks didn't catch as much water as one might think after 9" of rain. I knew there were some big cracks, but geez... tanks only came up a couple of feet.

9.5" here in Washington County and we needed it. Not a lot of run off. The cracks in the ground closed up good and the ryegrass seed sprouted. Looks like we might get another hit of rain this coming weekend. I'll take it.

We got the short end of the stick here in the Southeast. 3/10's Is all, but it's better than what we've had in the last 7 weeks.

We ended up just shy of 20 inches. Was good moisture, except for the road damages. Priorities for the county are around Corsicana, so I don't expect to see much in the way of road repairs around here. Was surprised to see how quickly the water had receded by Monday evening on the drive home from Dallas. We are still pretty muddy and soft, but the standing water was mostly gone by Tues morning.

Oats and clover looking pretty good after last rain. Ryegrass coming up everywere some planted some volunteer.

Been raining since about 530, about a half inch so far and more coming.
We slung some fertilizer yesterday. Finally catching a few breaks.

fenceman":3ur2a65w said:
Oats and clover looking pretty good after last rain. Ryegrass coming up everywere some planted some volunteer.

Been raining since about 530, about a half inch so far and more coming.
We slung some fertilizer yesterday. Finally catching a few breaks.
I got my oats planted yesterday. Was a wetter than I would have liked but was confident it was going to be wetter today....and it is. So far have missed the heavy rain which is ok by me.

Volunteer ryegrass is looking good. Dadburn wild mustard is up too. The race is on.

no rain today, but a cloudy sky and hard steady wind.
cloud and rain masses are straddling this part of Texas and moving off to NE so we may not get any this go round.

5 inches this time . 12 and 1/4 last week . Last week it was slow and steady for the first 12 hours .. And 2 days later the ground was dry enough to mow the yard . It's been 3 months since we had enough rain to settle the dust ..

2 1/2 Inches this time. Good slow rain.......musta had a little wind last night. Blew a gate open and my heifers are bogging around on my newly planted oats. :roll: I guess that's better than hogs. The electric fence kept the hogs out last rain.

Between midnight and daylight, we got upwards of 8" of rain and everything is running over. River isn't out but that will come later--in about 1 1/2 days.
Thundering again now..

It be wet again....the perfect time for a cow to stomp around in the front yard and flower beds. Don't know why the garden was not enticing....guess it's because nothing is in it.

Latest posts