Anybody using a Haymaxx disc mower?

Help Support CattleToday:

KMacGinley

Reaction score
Gonna need a new mower this spring. Been looking at the Haymaxx disc mower 9 footer. Anybody here have one or know someone that does. I have read what ironpeddler says. Would like to hear from some non-biased personal experience. Thanks.

KMacGinley":1qwna675 said:
Gonna need a new mower this spring. Been looking at the Haymaxx disc mower 9 footer. Anybody here have one or know someone that does. I have read what ironpeddler says. Would like to hear from some non-biased personal experience. Thanks.
I have never heard of them
Here is my unbiased opinion
I beleive if a person wants reliable equipment and service that they need to stick with the major brands Agco ( New Idea,Hesston) John deere,Kuhn,New holland,Vermeer these newer brand or off names maybe cheaper but what happens in a few yrs when you need parts and no one is selling them or you go and trade it in and you get next to nothing for it because parts aren't available anymore and no one wants it

JMHO

I'm with Angus on this one. This past year was a great example of why you stick to the big boys. Even medium sized operations like MacDon were having trouble getting parts. We've had parts on order for some of the offbeat stuff for a year now and still haven't seen it come in.

Rod

KMacGinley":och82k2u said:
I am in the same boat with you. I am going to have to get one too and have thought about the hay maxx but I am scared of it. I am thinking about a vermeer. I have a Kuhn that is coming apart on me and will not buy another one of them.

have not seen the haymaxx but be aware that some name brands (New Holland) make a cheep version also. Will not hold up well to heavy work. Buy the good ones and they will last.

The HayMAXX or Hay MAGNUM both marketing lables are made by CCM in TN. Our design is not new we took the Lely Optimo and updated it like the current Vermeer 30/40 seried design. Most of out parts are interchangable with the Lely?Vermeer mowers. We increased the disc thickness and got rid of all the expensive blade hardware. All you need is a $1.25 Vicon 81160 blade bolt and common Vicon 58699 58700 blades. Our mowers come standard with wear shoes and the Lely?Vermeer disc mowers do not come standard with the wear plates.
Out mower is shaft driven and has a third less moving parts and requires 20% less PTO HP to safely operate our disc mowers. Our mowers used EP-0 grease for lubrication. You can run our mowers at 90 degree all day and not damage the mower. Try that with a convential oil bath mower and it will not last long.
kenny thomas":22uwmhv4 said:
The HayMAXX or Hay MAGNUM both marketing lables are made by CCM in TN. Our design is not new we took the Lely Optimo and updated it like the current Vermeer 30/40 seried design. Most of out parts are interchangable with the Lely?Vermeer mowers. We increased the disc thickness and got rid of all the expensive blade hardware. All you need is a $1.25 Vicon 81160 blade bolt and common Vicon 58699 58700 blades.
Disc_cutter_plate.jpg

Our mowers come standard with wear shoes and the Lely/Vermeer disc mowers do not come standard with the wear plates.

Our disc mowers are shaft driven and has a third less moving parts and requires 20% less PTO HP to safely operate our disc mowers. Our mowers used EP-0 grease for lubrication. You can run our mowers at 90 degree all day and not damage the mower. Try that with a convential oil bath mower and it will not last long.
HM_Cutting_head.jpg

Each cutting head is self contained and we use sealed bearings. The EP-0 grease basically lubricates the gears. The HayMAGNUM Spring Steel hex drive shaft that acts as a shock absorber.

If you want to talk about who makes what mower it is like this:
JD- Kuhn makes their 3 point mowers
NH has 2 series- NH makes the 600 series and Sitrex makes their econo mower in Italy
New Idea/Hesston/AGCO- Comer makes their cutterbar in Italy
Vermeer 3 point disc mowers are made by Lely in Holland

Latest posts