Anybody use Vita ferm minerals?

Help Support CattleToday:

jdg

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has been using Vita ferm products, and if you think they're worth the money?

In what form are you using the Amaferm and what do you think of it?

jdg":1ggeboe8 said:
In what form are you using the Amaferm and what do you think of it?

I use amaferm as a feed additive. Have also used in dairy ration with great success for a bit of increased milk production and a good bump in butterfat.

Are you selling it or seriously "curious" about it??

Red Bull Breeder":1y3os5v1 said:
I use Vita Ferm and i think it is worth the money.

Never used their mineral as it was always too pricey for me. The same for thier power kegs. My cows wouldn't eat them and with the distillers in it they just soured and went rancid. But I'd definitely give them a good testimonial for Amaferm as a feed additive as well as the VitaFerm Bolus'.

I was using the mineral but being in the climate down here in South Texas with rain, or use to, the card board container would come apart and the cows would spread the mineral over the pasture. I ask the dealer about getting it in a plastic container and never heard any thing so quit throwing my money on the ground.

Tim":1rgezomd said:
I was using the mineral but being in the climate down here in South Texas with rain, or use to, the card board container would come apart and the cows would spread the mineral over the pasture. I ask the dealer about getting it in a plastic container and never heard any thing so quit throwing my money on the ground.
We use the loose mineral in hanging barrle mineral feeders

I use the loose mineral like Dun. Also have fed there tubs when i don't have as good of hay as i should.The power kegs are to high priced and i don't like the card board containers. The protein tubs i use are plastic tubs 12% protein with the amaferm. There tubs are supposed to have a 50 lb bag of mineral in every tub.

thanks for the comments folks...i was curious about Vita ferm and Amaferm because my feed supplier recommended it and we have been using another product for a number of years....and i was skeptical about the price difference. (about 50% more here in GA) The Vita-ferm rep i spoke with said that the product could be tailored to suit our forage year, and that the it would increase the efficiency of the animal's ability to turn forage into pounds. I just wanted some real world feedback to see if anyone could account for the extra expense. thanks.

Latest posts